Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 failed FCEs
Sad 
Sad Hello everyone,
I am looking for help! I was advised to take an FCE in earlier this year, which I did the evaluator stated that I did not do my best and that I self terminated and the reaching and lift and carry test.
Which was untrue, I did my best. During my session with the WC doctor it was determined that I failed the testing.
The doc stated that I needed to be retested. He stated that I could go to another testing site if I felt uncomfortable going back to the same facility, to which I replied that I did feel uncomfortable and would like to go to another facility!
Imagine my surprise when one of therapist from the same facility called me in March to reschedule.
I called the WC doc office to state my dissatisfaction, only to be told by his office manager that I could not switch facilities because there were no other facilities that could do the testing. I then complained to my atty only to be told that this was up to the WC doctor and there was nothing they could do.
Suffice it to say, I went back to this facility and the testing came out the same despite my giving it my all. I again wrote my atty a letter stating that this test was biased and the reasons why and that he needs to find another facility for me to be retested. Can anyone tell me what might happen at this juncture and what should I do to protect the effect this might have on my settlement case?

it's just a test not a medical opinion.
no one can predict what rating you'll get from the doctor and how much it will be influenced by the FCE.
follow your attys advice. wait and see what the medical report says before deciding on a response.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The problem I see is wc is not going to pay for another fce, they got what they wanted.. You could bring it up to your dr again and say your willing to travel for your next one, but be prepared to pay for it yourself. In our area we have a few places that do these exams, most ymca's have a rehab department and when we checked into it it was around $800.00. Just remember even if you get another one on your dime, it doesn't mean wc won't dispute it..

(05-11-2013, 01:19 AM)1171 Wrote: it's just a test not a medical opinion.
no one can predict what rating you'll get from the doctor and how much it will be influenced by the FCE.
follow your attys advice. wait and see what the medical report says before deciding on a response.

Thank you for the advice.
(05-11-2013, 09:05 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: The problem I see is wc is not going to pay for another fce, they got what they wanted.. You could bring it up to your dr again and say your willing to travel for your next one, but be prepared to pay for it yourself. In our area we have a few places that do these exams, most ymca's have a rehab department and when we checked into it it was around $800.00. Just remember even if you get another one on your dime, it doesn't mean wc won't dispute it..

Thank you for the response.

Actually the FCE is just a tool to tell the Doctor where you stand physically. There isn't really a pass, or fail.

Like stated above, if not happy with the results, you can pay for another FCE, out of your pocket, and add it into the mix.

I would wait it out, and see what the next move in your care is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA FAILED TO INFORM CONSULTANT I HAVE AN ATTORNEY inquiringMIND 4 4,595 03-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND
  failed rfa...back to surgery FunPops 4 6,352 08-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Last Post: FunPops
  Failed Spinal Fusion at S1-Pelvis area brentaw 6 11,904 03-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  failed laminectomy-discetomy highdesertguy 2 8,015 12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  failed drug test jezuzfreak 12 25,845 06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Failed Anterior Cervical Fusion michael49 4 18,444 03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Last Post: MJC
  What happens if failed drug test? gitrdonegrouper 21 27,875 03-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Last Post: lostinconnecticut