Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back injury w/ internal injury
Shy 
I was hurt on the job and I had to go to the Dr on my own. I had to have a cage placed around what was left of my L1-L5& S1- S5 disc and paralyzed bowels.Its been almost a year but I can't tell any difference in my back. The moment I fell I knew I was in trouble. My legs went numb my feet felt like I had needles sticking in them and my back felt like it was beingvripped apart.The pain is so horrible that my children are scared to touch me. I have to take 9 different laxatives to go & sometimes that don't work. I've done everything humanly possible to get back to where I once was to no avail. My employer fired me while I was on the hospital. I'm doing all I can to stay positive. Will the extent of these injuries ever get better?

those are medical questions best answered by physicians that specialize in spinal injuries and have reviewed a thorough medical history and examined you.
generally the longer a condition has gone on the more difficult recovery can be.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am in the settlement phase of my case and confused about how they decide what to pay on certain issues involving the organs that are injured. I believe that was my question that didn't show up on my post.

each state has different benefits.
some pay wage loss, others have an impairment schedule, and some use a combination.
if your claim is under the state of Alabama laws, then you would be given a whole person impairment rating. there is a 300 week cap on permanent partial disability (anything less then 100%).
the rating is multiplied by 300 to determine how many more weeks of payments you are eligible for.
http://dir.alabama.gov/wc/benefits.aspx

a buyout of all benefits would also include medical and any disputed issues.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-02-2013, 01:56 PM)bamagal15 Wrote: I am in the settlement phase of my case and confused about how they decide what to pay on certain issues involving the organs that are injured. I believe that was my question that didn't show up on my post.

I'm assuming you are at least 1 year after surgery and your dr has said your at mmi...? Are you back to any type of employment.? Do you have a attorney..?

It has been a year and I had an FCE done five weeks ago. I've only seen a psychiatrist since surgery and PT. I do have an attorney. And as far as working at the moment I can only lift 5lbs, sit for 10-15 min stand for 10min. I have been to several interviews and because of my limitations I wasn't hired.
Its not a psychiatrist its a pain mgmt Dr. Sorry for the misspelled word.

Your atty knows your case and should be experienced in calculating a settlement for your benefits.
Do you trust them?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Your lawyer will be the best one to answer your questions. There are so many things that come into play and they should know best

I've never had to have one before now. And my grandpa always told me never trust anyone further than you can throw them. I was just hopeing I could get some kind of idea on where my medical might stand. I want to Thank those of you who have replied. Its been a long hard journey I wish I had found this site after I had surgery. One more thing why is pain & suffering not a part of w.c. claims. I lost my job while I was in the hsp, my house, furniture, car,wages just about everything except my name.

workers compensation is not based on negligence and is not designed to make the worker whole.
it is no fault insurance that shares the costs of the injury between the employer and the employee.
the employee gets reduced benefits and they are fixed.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury jarimiah 14 7,104 01-30-2020, 12:17 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Hours cut after weight restriction due to injury SavedSinner 5 238 01-25-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: 1171
  First major injury at work Maintenance mechanic 3201 3 371 11-20-2019, 02:11 PM
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 642 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
  Boss denied doctor after injury Sonomaco 1 390 04-29-2019, 11:37 PM
  injury during physical therapy maggiemae4321 5 6,635 02-02-2019, 04:38 PM
  Adjuster changed PTP from Neuro to Ortho for Brain Injury. Billy Miller 6 1,050 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Question Accept $3,000 Settlement offer for head injury??? Andalasia 7 1,912 10-26-2018, 01:15 AM
  Florida - Worker comp injury Remymartin74 3 1,051 10-05-2018, 06:49 PM
  Traumatic Brain Injury and vision problems Ranfin 2 724 08-17-2018, 02:02 PM