Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fed Up!
Hello, I have been reading posts on this website for several months now. I didn't join until today and I thought that I would post my story or rather my husband's story. My husband got injured in Oklahoma on the job in June of 2010. He broke his tiba plateau, and tore is spine. He has suffered severe injuries and had several surgeries. At first everyting went pretty smoothly, his employer was self insured, so he got his regular pay for the 4 months he was off work. When he returned to work that's when all the drama and headache started. We ended up hiring an attorney. He quit his job and is now self employed. My question is has anyone ever had their attorney flat out refuse to talk to them? We were referred to this attorney by attorney that we knew. It's been so long and we just want this to be over with. I am not sure were to get my answers from being the attorney will not respond to calls or emails. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Generally that the sign that the atty wants the client to go elsewhere.
your husband needs to talk to a few other attys that specialize in workers compensation
start with these sites or use th atty search feature on this site
https://www.wilg.org/index.cfm?pg=publicdirectory
http://www.avvo.com/free-legal-advice/Wo...c=oklahoma
http://www.oklahomafindalawyer.com/FindALawyer
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am from Okla and had a good lawyer,I am in southeastern Okla and had a lawyer from Tulsa I was going to PM you but you havent set that up yet.Have you settled yet? got a rating yet?Laws have changed in Okla and they are not in the favor of the IW if you could PM me your lawyers name and your location I could send you to another lawyer you could talk to.welcome to our home.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Welcome aboard ARJ but sorry you have a need for us. For some the WC world can be a speed bump in life and for a few it can be a nightmare. Once there is a need for a lawyer you need a good one and you need to be able to trust them. Doesn't sound like you have anything near that. Get with Jayne and I'm sure she can help you find a better lawyer for sure.

(04-30-2013, 07:38 PM)jayne Wrote: I am from Okla and had a good lawyer,I am in southeastern Okla and had a lawyer from Tulsa I was going to PM you but you havent set that up yet.Have you settled yet? got a rating yet?Laws have changed in Okla and they are not in the favor of the IW if you could PM me your lawyers name and your location I could send you to another lawyer you could talk to.welcome to our home.

He got a rating on his knee. The insurance company appealed the ruling on his back. Are there any penalties for changing a lawyer this far into a claim? The lawyer that we knew highly recommended the one in tulsa to us. WC has hurt my husband physcially and emoitonally. He is in constant pain and the doctors that we have been to say he has reached his maxium improvement.

if he has been ruled MMI and you believe he isnt you are intitled to a seconed opinion.WC is a hard thing to go thru if your lawyer came highly recommended and then ignores you I can send you another name if you will fix up your PM or email short cut
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

We believe he is at MMI. He will have to live with the pain. Is every workers comp claim this diffcult or do some go smoothly? This has been the worst experience of our lives. I am at a lose on where to go from here. I did find out today that his case is still in the appeals process. Is there time limit on how long a case can continue or can it go on indefintley? We decided to keep the atty we have for now.

We believe he is at MMI. He will have to live with the pain. Is every workers comp claim this diffcult or do some go smoothly? This has been the worst experience of our lives. I am at a lose on where to go from here. I did find out today that his case is still in the appeals process. Is there time limit on how long a case can continue or can it go on indefintley? We decided to keep the atty we have for now.

the more serious the injury the longer the claim and benefits last and the more opportunity for disputes arise.

simple injuries are over done with before problems can start.
I'm not quite sure where you are.
when the legal system gets involved everything slows down as there are many more players involved in making every decision.
things won't get better when your husband's atty does not communicate well and the injured does not know how the system works.

your husband can find out more here
http://www.owcc.state.ok.us/
and much more detail here
http://judgetom.wikidot.com/sitemap-html

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.