Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long?
I was injured in work in feb-11 and had major surgery on my back. I have been through all the steps and my case has been in litigation for about 2 mos. now. My surgery bill and missed time were paid to me in Oct.-12. Any idea about how much longer this will go on? P.S. this injury was in NJ.

cannot predict what disputes might arise.
your condition has to reach maximum medical improvement (talk to your doctor) before a rating can be done and additional permanent partial disability benefits established.
generally maximized healing takes 6 mths to a year after significant surgery.
more here:
http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wc/work...ex.html#PP
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

yeah, I left out a few details. I reached MMR and was released from Dr. last April.My case is already been going on for 2 years and August will be 2 yrs. since the surgery.The surgery involved 4 disks i my lower back. As I stated in my post, it has been in litigation since February and has been in front of the judge about 5 times so far. I'm just trying to find out if this is normal and if anyone has any idea if I should get some news soon. All my attorney tells me is they are trying to get it settled.

It may be normal for your type of case.
The players and issues are different in every case.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thats kind of what I figured. In my 56 years I have never been hurt in work and hope I never do again. Thanks!