Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help need answers
answered

maybe.
the case nurse is assigned at the carrier's discretion. you can file a complaint with her supervisor.
but it's your choice to have her talk to the doctor privately.
you can request mileage money for your medical appointments.
you can leave but it can be difficult to find out of state treatment.
you may have to return at your own expense for necessary court appearances.
you can find out more from the handbook here
http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-25-2013, 02:08 AM)1171 Wrote: maybe.
the case nurse is assigned at the carrier's discretion. you can file a complaint with her supervisor.
but it's your choice to have her talk to the doctor privately.
you can request mileage money for your medical appointments.
you can leave but it can be difficult to find out of state treatment.
you may have to return at your own expense for necessary court appearances.
you can find out more from the handbook here
http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook.htm

How can I file a complain? It it with the case manager? She's pretty rude too! I toldy lawyer if they can pay me he said no only if I go to their doctor? Also when I leave for a few weeks I don't plan on finding treatment but continue with my medication would that be a problem?

First thing. Your case manager is not your friend, and it is your right to not allow her in during dr visits. You need to file a complaint with the ins company that hired her, which would be Zurich. Your case manager answers to a adjuster with zurich, that's where to start complaining. But all it would take is for your attorney to call them, he can stop that.

As far as leaving, If your not bound by any up coming appointments there is nothing they can do.

On two different occasions I was given a nurse case manager. Both times I called my lawyer and told him that I did not want this woman in m life. Both times after caling the attorney, and by the end of the day the nurse case mgr was out of my life. He called their company and put a stop to them, it was that easy. Tell your attorney to get them out of your life that is if you do not want to be bothered with them. Your attorney can take care of that for you.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

(04-25-2013, 08:23 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: First thing. Your case manager is not your friend, and it is your right to not allow her in during dr visits. You need to file a complaint with the ins company that hired her, which would be Zurich. Your case manager answers to a adjuster with zurich, that's where to start complaining. But all it would take is for your attorney to call them, he can stop that.

As far as leaving, If your not bound by any up coming appointments there is nothing they can do.

The only appointments I'm worried about is therapy otherwise nothing else

(04-25-2013, 11:14 AM)Kuku Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 08:23 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: First thing. Your case manager is not your friend, and it is your right to not allow her in during dr visits. You need to file a complaint with the ins company that hired her, which would be Zurich. Your case manager answers to a adjuster with zurich, that's where to start complaining. But all it would take is for your attorney to call them, he can stop that.

If you don't have a good enough excuse wc can say your non compliant and shut you off. You need to talk to your attorney about this before doing it.

(04-25-2013, 01:16 PM)bronco54501 Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 11:14 AM)Kuku Wrote:

If you don't have a good enough excuse wc can say your non compliant and shut you off. You need to talk to your attorney about this before doing it.

Ok thank you and one more issue that just happened I ask my attorney to get rid of the nurse case he said he talked to them but I'll still end up with her and they're just going to have her apologize for the comments she made but an apology isn't going fix the person she is nor will I tolerate seeing her face or even to speak to me what should I do? My atterony keep giving me the run around about that

if you can get enough evidence to convince a judge your claim is harmed by the nurse's actions you might be able to get another assigned but that's up to your atty as to whether they want to do it. generally the fees are not worth the extra work.
you'll need a doctor's opinion to support that the nurses actions have harmed you or your claim. can you get that?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

To be honest the first 1 1/2 years of having my ncm helped me a lot. I did let her in on some of my dr visits just for the simple reason she wasn't doing it behind my back so I knew what was discussed.. Many of the dr appointments she came in later and recapped with me and the dr, this allowed me to talk freely with my dr if I had any concerns. She used to arrive 30 min early so she could sit next to us and fish for information.. We were wise from the start (thank you forum) but never give personal info to them, they use trickery and she will be writing it all down.. We got sick of her prying in to our lifes so we started showing up 5 min before appointment so she had no chance to see what I was going to talk about with the dr.. My attorney told me, unless she was trying to convince the dr's to treat me her way, he would allow her to be there.. He said let them waste the extra money..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need some answers elbowinjury101 1 2,553 03-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Any Answers? dbusic77 14 9,648 01-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Last Post: dbusic77
  Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need answers missmelody 5 4,749 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Last Post: missmelody
  Help need answers b8000 4 4,682 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: b8000
  I need some answers. dawnnanette 6 4,187 03-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  looking for answers nurse83 20 8,414 01-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Still looking for answers katzdrm 7 4,235 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Need answers katzdrm 9 4,611 10-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Last Post: lfoster21