Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCE tomorrow
Hi All I live in CT. This is my second tread so please bare with me. I have been in WC for 3 years now(3 surgeries,2 massive on the righto shoulder and one massive surgery on the left) so now after i thought i had permanent restrictions(20lbs,no overhead n light duty) i saw the Dr. yesterday i told him i want it to go back to work full duty and he release me to full duty but with some doubt so now the employer requested this FCE to see if i can do the job duties.My ? is what should i do n what happen if can't do my job do i loose my job and does the IC still pay me the ttp? any help will be appreciated, im really nervous n sorry for my spelling.

it depends if the restrictions are temporary or permanent.
if you are physically unfit for the job duties, your employer cannot keep you in that job.
you can appeal the denial of additional disability benefits to the comp court.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

ty 1171 but last year he told me and my employer that the restriction were permanent and after i told him i want to go to work full duty he agreed with no restriction so my employer was confused about that the decision because i have to lift 30 lbs or more. So now what the FCE test is about hopefully i don't have to lift more than 10 lbs.

(04-22-2013, 08:22 PM)chico1960 Wrote: ty 1171 but last year he told me and my employer that the restriction were permanent and after i told him i want to go to work full duty he agreed with no restriction so my employer was confused about that the decision because i have to lift 30 lbs or more. So now what the FCE test is about hopefully i don't have to lift more than 10 lbs.

Usually a dr will not give permanent restrictions and then turn around and say they are not perm. I think your dr could get himself in trouble by doing this, I cant say I blame the employer for wanting a fce done. I can almost bet they went way beyond the 10lbs you were hoping for..

So how did it go.............?

Thank you Bronco, I agreed with you after all last year him saying that my restriction were permanent even do i told him that i want it to try to full duty on my job he should stop me and said no you can and to my employer i though they were better than that especially after me working 15 years with the same company.The FCE was re-schedule for next Tuesday and I'm still nervous about the whole thing.

N I hate winter too.

it seems a little fishy, at home can you lift a do similar tasks that you do at work, if not why try and fail, I am required to lift up to 120lbs at work depending on what job it is, and climb upwards to 100 foot towers, and with my restrictions I can only lift 20lbs and no climbing, I wouldn't even try to lift more than 20lbs, I know I can't, so I would never ask the doctor to put me on full duty, especially when I know I can't do it, and my job has no light duty, I was up at three this morning because pain in my neck, back and shoulder were hurting, which I hurt at work when I fell,they woke me up, had to rise and take some happy pills, still waiting for them to work,,,

To be honest, I kind of did the same thing you requested your dr to do.. My employer wouldn't take me back unless I was 100%.. Now even though I had restrictions, the restrictions did not make it able to not do my old job. I was just trained to do it differently so I could fit the 100% my employer desired.. This was my request to do this and at this point I wouldn't accept knowing I couldn't do it anymore..

When I returned to work i went against my attorney and one of my other drs.. I should have listened, it wasn't much after 3 months I started having problems with pain. Within 1 1/2 years I reinjured myself worse then what I was to begin with and caused me to be in pain 24/7 highly medicated and unable to work at all. Just be care-full what you wish for, like me this was unexpected just because I wouldn't accept being disabled.

the problem that I'm having is that my employer will only take me back without any restrictions and i don't want to loose my job now after 11 months in my house I'm going crazy thinking about loosing my job and can't put it in my mind that i can't do this or that, I was before my injury a workaholic so went i visit the dr Tuesday i only ask him if could go back to work and after a long discussion he signed the note and send a letter to IC n ER saying that i want it to back to work full duty but he has some doubt but still agreed n release me to full work activity so im confused too.I just want to go back to work plzzzzzzzzz,im going crazy n i do not what to do.

(04-24-2013, 09:26 AM)chico1960 Wrote: the problem that I'm having is that my employer will only take me back without any restrictions and i don't want to loose my job now after 11 months in my house I'm going crazy thinking about loosing my job and can't put it in my mind that i can't do this or that, I was before my injury a workaholic so went i visit the dr Tuesday i only ask him if could go back to work and after a long discussion he signed the note and send a letter to IC n ER saying that i want it to back to work full duty but he has some doubt but still agreed n release me to full work activity so im confused too.I just want to go back to work plzzzzzzzzz,im going crazy n i do not what to do.

Oh if you dont sound like me when I was first injured.. We were 10 months into our new home, new truck, and then the accident happened. We never thought we would get hurt or get sick long enough to not make payments.. So we never took the ins plan the banks offer in this situation,,,,.....What a mistake...

well I know exactly what your feeling..i am 2 years plus from my injury.and 1 year from surgery..and I am worse now then before surgery..i can not go back to the job I loved,i have always done manual work.now im being told that I may never work again..i go through my whole day wondering what I could have done different when my injury happened.sure I get paid every week,but I would rather like everyone on here is to have my life back again.the thought of being on meds the rest of my life is just to much to handle everyday..im sorry to hear that there are more that I are the same boat as myself..