Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornado's, t-storms and the ice age.
This is just a crazy start of probably a year of bad storms.. We started out with heavy rain yesterday afternoon with temps just above freezing.. It rained all night and turned to snow about 2 am, any where from 5 to 12 inches for us today. Just north of here (snow-belt) 12 to 18 inches.. We just cant seem to get our spring, it will go right to summer. There is so much snow and ice on the trees I'm sure we will loose power before the afternoon..

Jayne, any of them storms down by you's produce tornado's...?

yes a little one but a whole lot of rain and a lot of cold,we are back in winter 60s all week but wet makes it had for us broken people
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(04-19-2013, 09:17 AM)jayne Wrote: yes a little one but a whole lot of rain and a lot of cold,we are back in winter 60s all week but wet makes it had for us broken people

I hear ya, Between hot showers and the electric blanket I don't know what I would do with out it. Yesterday was the worse cold damp rain that we have had in a long time, now that it has switched to just snow I'm feeling a bit better.. Even at home I ware comfy lounge pants under my pants, and if we go out I throw on a extra pair. It don't help that this leg has poor circulation.

It was 80 out here the other day and just about an hour and half drive north it was 45. Now today we are having a little but of sleet. This is sure some of the strangest weather I think I've ever seen

I think it's time to not watch the weather forecast, either they bring bad news or it's never right.. This coming up week was bringing 50's into our area and now I look and it's depressing again.. Starting tonight snow/sleet, wed sunshine high low 40's and then rain/snow/sleet wed night through sat. This has to be one of our longest winters for quite awhile, all the lakes are still frozen over, cars have stopped crossing them but atv's and snowmobiles are still going on them. Bears have come out of there long winter's nap to find nothing to eat but someones garbage..

I watched a squirrel bury some nuts the other day. Does that mean winter is on it's way?

Bronco we are to have some of that sleet and maybe snow starting tomorrow night in Kansas.

I haven't started any of my starter plants yet for the container garden, with this crazy weather I am just not in the mood to start the plants yet.

Bronco we are to have some of that sleet and maybe snow starting tomorrow night in Kansas.

I haven't started any of my starter plants yet for the container garden, with this crazy weather I am just not in the mood to start the plants yet.

It's just crazy to walk into wally-world and see all the spring planting seeds on display, menards and home-depot and see big displays of rose bushes to replant. It's weird to see this much snow all over still, and to think another week of snow mix.. If the trend keeps up our farm lands will suffer hard again this year. I just hope once summer arrives it sticks around awhile.

Well the ice age is what we have in Kansas tonight. Ice and a little snow.

An hour ago I was feeling okay, now I am fighting a migraine. Pain patch is on the neck and just took the pain meds. Hope to get some type of sleep tonight.

May have something to do with when I leaned over I felt a pop and some movement in the back of the neck. Not good for someone with hardware in the neck.

Guess I will see what tomorrow brings.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Storms Manley2 1 2,691 04-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Tornado issues fatboy 4 4,926 10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Storms bronco54501 9 3,683 09-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Jayne and the Oklahoma storms Bummer Knees 4 2,506 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Kansas storms! Bummer Knees 1 2,532 09-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Last Post: sultanmg
  Never Drive Through A Tornado ace25 2 4,279 04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Been off line due to Friday's tornado Bummer Knees 10 7,745 05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Last Post: vickinat
  Tornado watch & warnings Bummer Knees 23 10,934 04-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  STORMS jayne 11 6,706 04-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
Sad BBBB storms heading in your direction Tuffy 9 5,998 08-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Last Post: sparkey