Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scared to go back to work and will I find something
Sad 
I know I should man up but I can't help but worry how my back will be when I start working again. When I have more pain will the doctor address it. This is coming from me cause I have bad anxiety so I am worrying about everything. The uncertainty of it all is overwhelming in itself.
So I've been on light duty since September, according to my pain doc. In September I know for sure that work would have been impossible. My pain is under better control now, though I still have alot of breakthrough pain.
Another weird thing is I've been getting TPD checks since. But now I'm scared that I have to find a job ASAP due to an EMG test that was normal. I cannot go back to my previous job.
Who the hell would hire somebody with work restrictions, especially in Florida.

(04-10-2013, 10:23 PM)lonelylib81 Wrote: I know I should man up but I can't help but worry how my back will be when I start working again. When I have more pain will the doctor address it. This is coming from me cause I have bad anxiety so I am worrying about everything. The uncertainty of it all is overwhelming in itself.
So I've been on light duty since September, according to my pain doc. In September I know for sure that work would have been impossible. My pain is under better control now, though I still have alot of breakthrough pain.
Another weird thing is I've been getting TPD checks since. But now I'm scared that I have to find a job ASAP due to an EMG test that was normal. I cannot go back to my previous job.

I think everyone asks them self the same question, its normal... As far as anxiety goes, I also suffered from attacks there not gone but I am being medicated for them.. Has your dr linked this to your injury...? It is uncertain how the ball will roll once you start working again.. Having restrictions is a curse when getting a new job. If you list them they probably wont hire, if you don't list them and you get hired and they find out they will probably fire you.. Really it's a lose-lose situation. I wish you the best of luck.

(04-10-2013, 10:56 PM)bronco54501 Wrote:
(04-10-2013, 10:23 PM)lonelylib81 Wrote: I know I should man up but I can't help but worry how my back will be when I start working again. When I have more pain will the doctor address it. This is coming from me cause I have bad anxiety so I am worrying about everything. The uncertainty of it all is overwhelming in itself.

I think everyone asks them self the same question, its normal... As far as anxiety goes, I also suffered from attacks there not gone but I am being medicated for them.. Has your dr linked this to your injury...? It is uncertain how the ball will roll once you start working again.. Having restrictions is a curse when getting a new job. If you list them they probably wont hire, if you don't list them and you get hired and they find out they will probably fire you.. Really it's a lose-lose situation. I wish you the best of luck.

Panic disorder is preexisting. Thanks for the input.

Its very normal to think like that. I hate to say you need to worry because that is not the right thing to say but you need to take care of your back. You want to try and not cause any more pain but you also need to keep moving forward. Did you have a job that you lost because of this? Are you able to do the same kind of work but with limits? One thing is work hardening which might help you get ready to return to work. Also just because your EMG is normal doesn't mean you are done with the WC system and not due some treatment. It's possible they may be required to retrain you for another job.
Understand about looking for work with restrictions. WC is putting me through voc rehab because they don't want to pay out as much in the settlement. For me I can not do any job I have ever done in my life but they are making me look for work in an area that has the highest unemployment in the state and the company I worked for just announced they are permanently laying off another 450 people so the area is only going to get worse. Can't figure out why they want to keep spending money doing this. I've talked with 2 of the biggest hiring agents in town and both have said they would never be able to find me work and I've only had one place of all of them I've applied to call me. Once he started to tell me about the job and I asked how it would work with my restriction we were done with that company. It use to get me worked up every time I worked on it but now I just do my part and don't worry. It would be nice to find something I could do it's just they don't understand what life is like in daily pain and how hard it is to even do something as simple as sit and answer a phone. For the last year and half I was at work all I needed to do was show up and try and stay awake. Couldn't do that 8 hours a day, 5 days a week so I don't see what I'm going to be able to find now

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,396 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 2,766 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 21,858 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Is There A Way to find out when check was mailed? bonnieinky 3 1,965 03-31-2016, 10:27 PM
  CA - need to find a new job - mentally tapped BB019 16 6,615 01-17-2016, 03:10 PM
  cant find work john in monterey 2 3,095 08-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 15,576 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
  Back to Work darrinb 4 4,607 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: darrinb
  Dr said I can go back to work Speedyro1970 4 5,585 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
  Permanent restrictions: Attorney Says I Have to Prove I Can't Find Work and No Pay HadEnuffAlready 8 28,853 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Last Post: dtails