Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workers Comp sending me back to Dr.
First of all I am going back to the dr. But come on me respect them. I can tell you right now I have done that. When I first had the accident my hand was all bent out of shape and they had me to sit down, and were saying well it looks like the swelling is going down, then it was because of your age we think you may need to go. I can not even begin to tell you how it was. Coming back three days after surgery, standing up trying to put things together with one hand and being told you can prop your arm up on a cardboard box. Come on now....
Just wondering are they suppose to have respect for me. The day I did it I was told to sit down and they got me a ice pack. My hand was all out of shape not to mention I was hurting in my hip and leg too. Then they said well it looks like the swelling going down. And no it was'nt. Then it was I guess at your age we better send you on to the dr. Then when I came back after the third day they had me standing up putting parts together and putting them in bags. How are you suppose to that with one hand, and hey you can elevate your hand on a cardboard box. Sorry just wondering what about me.
Just wondering are they suppose to have respect for me. The day I did it I was told to sit down and they got me a ice pack. My hand was all out of shape not to mention I was hurting in my hip and leg too. Then they said well it looks like the swelling going down. And no it was'nt. Then it was I guess at your age we better send you on to the dr. Then when I came back after the third day they had me standing up putting parts together and putting them in bags. How are you suppose to that with one hand, and hey you can elevate your hand on a cardboard box. Sorry just wondering what about me.

Okay you talking about respect. That works both ways. I fell, then I was given an ice pack while they decided what to do. Hand was out of shape. Leg hurt, hip hurt whole body hurt. Then they said it looks like swelling is going down. It wasn't. Then I was told well at your age we better send you on to Dr. After the third day I went back to work. I was having to put parts together put them in a bag and box them up. Would you be able to do this with one hand? Oh I forgot I was suppose to elevate my hand you can do that on a card board box. Don't mean to be ugly. But how do you forget that? Almost 20 years working there and thats what they think of you.

Okay you talking about respect. That works both ways. I fell, then I was given an ice pack while they decided what to do. Hand was out of shape. Leg hurt, hip hurt whole body hurt. Then they said it looks like swelling is going down. It wasn't. Then I was told well at your age we better send you on to Dr. After the third day I went back to work. I was having to put parts together put them in a bag and box them up. Would you be able to do this with one hand? Oh I forgot I was suppose to elevate my hand you can do that on a card board box. Don't mean to be ugly. But how do you forget that? Almost 20 years working there and thats what they think of you.

Cathy,, these are normal feelings, I to worked for the company for 20 years but once you get injured things change.. You are no longer cathy, you have now become a number.. And to a employer it don't mean squat how many years you have been there, you now have became a liability to them. The system was not set in place for our protection, it protects the employer and at the same time they try to put us back in the workforce at some level... You do not have to respect them, but what you have to do is stick to your restrictions by your dr and never go past them... Your employer does not have to create a job for you, just be lucky they are finding somthing...... just stay in your restrictions..

You do become just a number to them after an injury, sad but true. That number has to do with how little can they spend to get your trouble to just go away. And they don't care if your whole in the end only that you are not a problem any more. If they would spend say a million dollars and you would be whole again and able to return to a normal life that would be great but to them if they could get by with spending half a million dollars and your problem is out of their hands then they like that. And they could care less if you are in pain the rest of your life only that they saved half a million dollars. Now you pain and money are not necessarily connected because there are many injures that it doesn't matter how much they spend they can only fix so much. It is nice for our employers to care about us and understand the value we add to the company but like an old say goes. One screw up can cancel out a bunch of at a boys

(03-30-2013, 06:42 AM)Cathy Wrote: I broke my wrist in three places a year ago at work in GA.from a fall while working. I had surgery, plate inserted with 6 screws. After 3 days I was sent back to work on light duty. I work in a plant. I was done like crap and told to elevate my arm on a cardboard box while working. After that day doctor took me out for a week. Kept having problems. Therapy, work conditioning and all. I was sent for a FCE in Oct, and then back to a dr. andwas given a lack of use a 16 for arm 10 for whole body. Have been working on light duty. They are basically not happy. I receive the difference in my pay check which is around 85.00 because I can not do the overtime that I did the 13 weeks before injury. After that runs out in about 6 years I will receive my loss of use. I had went to the office and got a heat patch a few weeks ago still having issues with it at times just try to live with it. Goes to sleep at times especially at night and just pain. I am 57 years old. Then two weeks ago I had finished what they needed on a Thursday. Supervisor said he would put me somewhere else for that Friday said if I did not want do that I would have to take a vacation day. When I questioned what I would be doing it seemed to make him mad and safety personal mad. I told him I had been having some problems with my hands, thats why I was concerned and after words making me feel bad. I just took a vacation day. I got email from workmens comp telling me I now have to go back to the dr. since they were told I complained. Just wondering if I should have already got a lawyer. I have worked there almost 19 years. Do I just go on back to the dr. or what. He said there was really nothing else he could do before.

Hi Cathy I know a lot of time has gone by since this post. I hope all is well. I understand your situation. The wc arena in the factory world is harsh, they have guard dog type personel/people to keep people like yourself from being on the radar for too long so their rates do go up for not only wc but for their rating on injury's on the job. You should have had no less than six weeks off after surgery and as much as 3-6 months for a full recovery. If you haven't found an anttorney it's not too late. That doctor that sent you back to work is a quack and should be reported to the AMA American Medical Assoc. All the best to you. I hope to see an update post from youSmile
Cheri~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Workers Comp and Social Sercurity Disability? PanthersRowell 45 39,227 03-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Do I still get workers comp if I've been laid off? AlexWhite 2 1,652 11-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Last Post: mattlewis
  Workers comp overpayment notice for California Angnava17 4 1,660 09-04-2020, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Sang15512
  Should essential workers automatically qalify for comp if theyhave covid-19? 1171 4 3,471 05-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  California give essential workers comp presumption.... 1171 0 1,796 05-07-2020, 12:50 PM
  Workers Comp, BC/BS and Medicare wguage52 27 14,725 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM
  house arrest while out on workers comp msb2020 2 1,545 01-12-2020, 07:56 PM
  Achilles Repair. Workers comp question... Go Cowboys! 3 2,098 09-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Workers Comp settlement in NJ eclark16 9 3,621 09-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Last Post: eclark16
  Workers Comp Disputing Medical Bills gamora77 1 1,969 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM