Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please...re: medicare set aside dr. payment
I know I've been MIA again but I just got internet service again yesterday after moving to the lake area.

I think I completely messed my lower back up about 2 weeks ago. Excruciating pain when trying to stand or sit. Lots of pressure. Once sitting or standing not so bad but still very painful.

Trying to get in to see a doc in San Angelo. My question is how do I pay with my medicare set aside account? I will be paying cash which is almost 1,000.00. I believe I have to pay the first 2 years at the onset of this?

I really need help as I'm not sure who I pay or how the money is kept track of. And no the money is not in an actual account because of my school loans...I am afraid they will attach it, but I do have the money.

Thanks for any help you can be.

Good question Monster, I would also like to know the answer.

I will be returning to the surgeon on the TKR and this time I use the set-aside.

Good question Monster, I would also like to know the answer.

I will be returning to the surgeon on the TKR and this time I use the set-aside.

it depends on who got the setaside check at the time of the settlement.
more here:
https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coordinatio...cmsas.html

if this is for an aggravation or an injury other then the original work comp claim, the set aside does not apply; it would be straight medicare or health insurance.
the doctor would decide the cause.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I was told this money was to last for 30 years. They told me that I was responsible for a little under $500 per year and that I would have to pay the first 2 years in advance (a little under $1000) and that medicare/medicaid would cover any covered expenses over that amount for the remainder of the year. The following year I would then have to pay the approx $500 and then medi/medi woould then take over again and so on. Was I lied to or is this the way it works?
thank you 1171 for the info. Do you know anything about what i stated directly above this post? Thank you again for your help

each settlement is negotiated individually; there is no set formula. it sounds like you were given the funds from the comp carrier to self-administer.
you should have paperwork documenting the terms.
and you should keep receipts.

it should only apply to your work injury and not all health issues.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.