Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 wheel drive fun
Just watched a guy trying to get out of the parking lot next to my house. He has a 4 wheel drive truck that sits up high but I sure hope his 4 wheel drive is broke. Only the rear wheels were spinning and I'm thinking he has no idea you need weight in the back of the truck for it to go in the snow. He got his truck spun completely around in not much more then the space of his truck before he got it out of the lot. Thank God he was not a complete idiot and didn't just keep on the gas when it wasn't moving or he would have ran into many things before he got it out of there including a fire plug. Took him longer to get out of the lot then the total time he was gone. He could have walked in less time for sure.

Good times, I used to live in this house on the hill and you could see the steep street below and the kids and I would just watch the cars trying to try to go up and down. Unfortunate but funny,, We knew better after living there for 12 years. LOL
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

I find it hard to be in a state that closes towns and highways down durring winter weather.. With my old job I had to overcome so much and had no choice but to drive through it.. Being used to dangerous conditions made me confident in believing I could handle anything, but its the non expierenced drivers that I'm worried about...

What I get a kick out of is when mom and dad buy thier teens thier first car/truck when they get thier lisence.. Teens that have thier temps durring winter are fine but when they have them for summer thier first winter is full of accidents.....

last night he left and came back with 2 bottles of pop. He could have walked a block to the gas station. There is a 6 inch steel pipe that runs around the parking lot and he ran into it 2 times trying to move around. He would be smarter to shovel some of the snow into the back of his truck and maybe he would get a little more traction. Biggest trouble is he floors it and spins his tires so fast I'm worried if he kicks something up it could break a window in my truck or house even.
Looks like we got 13 inches of snow here and it looks pretty. But it sure makes it a pain. Had to take the daughter into town this morning and not sure what it was but now I'm in pain. She did some shoveling to be able to get to the suburban and thank God it has 4 wheel drive, I was able to back out even with all the snow in the drive way. Including the pile the city always leave when they plow. Cleaned some of the snow off the windows is about all I did but now in pain for some reason. Could be just walking in the snow because walking on things that are uneven can cause me more pain then anything else. And then sometime when you step down and your foot goes down just that extra bit because of a soft spot or hole can really mess me up. Most of the time it's just like this it doesn't hurt right then it's after I get home and sit for a bit and then get up. The road was down to one lane in each direction and was ruff. That could even be the source of my added pain this morning. It doesn't feel like that much jarring but it sure can add up even when your only driving 30-35 miles an hour. Some parts was only 15-20 on the way in.

We received 3 inches yesterday, when I came home from town this afternoon it was snowing again. Don't think we will receive much by looking at the radar.

2 weeks ago we had about 14 inches of snow, for Kansas that is a lot of snow.

Calling for 70 degree weather later in the week.
We received 3 inches yesterday, when I came home from town this afternoon it was snowing again. Don't think we will receive much by looking at the radar.

2 weeks ago we had about 14 inches of snow, for Kansas that is a lot of snow.

Calling for 70 degree weather later in the week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to drive in Phoenix bodybuilder1958 0 1,831 05-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Gotta see this - Out for a test drive Bummer Knees 0 2,064 03-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Lyrica kills sex drive freebird 7 21,300 05-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Last Post: kate
  Never Drive Through A Tornado ace25 2 4,488 04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  you are what you drive hurt at work 7 4,635 03-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Think before you drink and drive or drive on your meds jayne 8 5,413 10-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Flash drive and the luck of AQA AQA 2 3,681 07-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Last Post: red1030
  safe drive to all driving tomorrow red1030 25 12,719 06-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Last Post: red1030