Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
retaliation after contacting congress
I contacted congress about the lack of care that workers compensation gives to critically injured employees. Congressman looked into my case and forwarded me a response. Within 3 days I received a letter from WC insurance carrier that my file is closed and no further management of my care will be allowed

Do you think they are retaliating for me contacting my congressman, who contacted the chief of workers compensation??? or would this just be a coincidence? Please let me know your thoughts.....

(03-23-2013, 11:54 PM)constantpain Wrote: I contacted congress about the lack of care that workers compensation gives to critically injured employees. Congressman looked into my case and forwarded me a response. Within 3 days I received a letter from WC insurance carrier that my file is closed and no further management of my care will be allowed

Do you think they are retaliating for me contacting my congressman, who contacted the chief of workers compensation??? or would this just be a coincidence? Please let me know your thoughts.....
I would like to give an honest opinion but I am not familiar w/ your circumstances. Never the less, I do believe you stood up for all of us when you defended this particular subject. Questions., What type of injury, how long out of work , what state is this claim filed in, and how are you now. We all feel WC has been set up to protect the small business owners, lawyers and polititions of your area. Where are you at in your claim? and I assume you have a lawyer.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

(03-24-2013, 12:23 AM)Milo Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 11:54 PM)constantpain Wrote: I contacted congress about the lack of care that workers compensation gives to critically injured employees. Congressman looked into my case and forwarded me a response. Within 3 days I received a letter from WC insurance carrier that my file is closed and no further management of my care will be allowed

I would like to give an honest opinion but I am not familiar w/ your circumstances. Never the less, I do believe you stood up for all of us when you defended this particular subject. Questions., What type of injury, how long out of work , what state is this claim filed in, and how are you now. We all feel WC has been set up to protect the small business owners, lawyers and polititions of your area. Where are you at in your claim? and I assume you have a lawyer.

Maryland and it has been 5 painful years and out of work all 5. I had surgery on my knee and foot, still in lots of pain with nerve injury and complex regional pain syndrome. one of my doctors suggested writing to congress about this system being broken. So I finally did, then my case mysteriously closes within days. Not sure what to make of it. I am to the point of trying to file small claims court for some of my expenses that they were mandated to pay by a commissioner, but never did. Thanks again for any info you have on this matter.

(03-24-2013, 12:23 AM)Milo Wrote:

I am at a complete standstill! Work hardening stopped - the therapist told me it wasnt helping and making me worse. Told me to work on things at home until I could get there without more pain. Said insurance carrier was ok with me exercising at home under the guidance of the therapist, then immediately cut me off of all TTD and medical care. I had a leg injury, surgery, nerve damage, 5 years in this crazy system that really doesnt help the injured, I am still out of work,----by the way, my work place terminated my employment 6 months after injury stating if I could not return by certain date I would be terminated, meanwhile having torn ligaments and tendons that I had to wait for WC insurance to approve before surgery. My surgery was 4 months after termination! This is in MD. horrible situation.

The opposing lawyer kept asking at my hearing "are you back at work" and I keep saying no they fired me! and who will hire someone with all of these restrictions? Meanwhile, my doctor said I an 100% disabled from any work for now. I just keep sending my senator/delegates all of my notes telling them the system is a failure! I get the same reply each time, that a hearing will be scheduled. Just think if we all do this maybe our voices will be heard! Any advice???? Thanks

recontact your congressman.Some states have a 5 year rule if your not fixed in 5 years its too bad your done.I believe Okla is now one of these states the lawyers and big bussines's have the money to buy the congressman and senators to make the laws.If anyone could rally all the IW together and have them go to their state capitals on one day IE everyone show up on july 8 and on that day every IW show up at their state Capital and let them know how many of us there is they may rethink it.But right now sorry guys immagration is more important,the day after pill is more important in fact their next coffee break is more important.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retaliation for filing JShaner13 1 896 10-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 1171
  employer retaliation????? hurtnND 19 7,678 09-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Employer obligation for work restrictions and retaliation kimber 2 5,653 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Last Post: kimber
  retaliation? Please help... Solar1s 6 5,027 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Last Post: lucky
  Employer Retaliation for Work Comp-Help! bhindgreeneyes 6 12,141 12-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Last Post: gaucli
  Contacting the public priss13 10 6,197 05-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Retaliation ckplichtajr 9 6,689 05-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Can anyone define retaliation from employer involved with WC Faith29 10 6,011 01-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Faith29