Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Mgr stopped all medical care
Back again, I am a MD resident. Just recieved a letter from case manager that my case is closed and no more medical treatment will be authorized. How can this be done while I am still in work conditioning. The therapist has no idea that my case was closed and he continues to follow me. Not to mention I have a workers comp case hearing in June for back pain and medical claims, travel expenses, etc. Will commissioner still hear my case
Thank you,

Verify there wasn't a mistake.
Closing the claims file has no effect on the courts case.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-23-2013, 06:27 PM)1171 Wrote: Verify there wasn't a mistake.

Thank you!! Does this also mean I was under their crummy system until this date? They still haven't paid my TTD benefits since some time last year, never paid my travel miles/RX or medical bills that the commission ordered them to pay. It was approx 2 months after my last hearing that they sent me a check for 900.00 for 10,000 miles. I guess they know they can get away with it. Any way I am worried that I will end up having to eventually pay for the work hardening because it has not been paid either and I went so many times.

Could this letter be in retaliation for me contacting my senator about the lack of care with the WC system????

(03-23-2013, 11:31 PM)constantpain Wrote:

Thank you!! Does this also mean I was under their crummy system until this date? They still haven't paid my TTD benefits since some time last year, never paid my travel miles/RX or medical bills that the commission ordered them to pay. It was approx 2 months after my last hearing that they sent me a check for 900.00 for 10,000 miles. I guess they know they can get away with it. Any way I am worried that I will end up having to eventually pay for the work hardening because it has not been paid either and I went so many times.

Could this letter be in retaliation for me contacting my senator about the lack of care with the WC system????

For example, in my case at the very begginning I assumed that wc was covering expenses, because I was refferred by there doc, only to find that they led me on , probablry hopinh to expose a small injury under my dollar. If I was you i would not even DO work hardening unless it is in a court order. I had to pay back all those doc bill by the way/ Ever expense is writtten in a court order.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

(03-24-2013, 12:31 AM)Milo Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 11:31 PM)constantpain Wrote:

For example, in my case at the very begginning I assumed that wc was covering expenses, because I was refferred by there doc, only to find that they led me on , probablry hopinh to expose a small injury under my dollar. If I was you i would not even DO work hardening unless it is in a court order. I had to pay back all those doc bill by the way/ Ever expense is writtten in a court order.
The commissioner said to continue with work hardening and if I stopped than all benefits would stop. I never stopped going, however, the therapist told me to do the exercises at home rather than come in. She said coming in to her office was making it worse. So I followed the order, but they still cancelled out on me. Now what??

Your attorney or their para legal need to know this is happening so they can fix it. I call my lawyer almost every week. Just to see how things were going, But I've only talked to my atty once, my para legal is just as knowledgable and I have questions answered almost immediatly if she needs to speak w/ the atty. It's your life and your lawyer is there to fix these problems.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

(03-24-2013, 06:18 PM)Milo Wrote: Your attorney or their para legal need to know this is happening so they can fix it. I call my lawyer almost every week. Just to see how things were going, But I've only talked to my atty once, my para legal is just as knowledgable and I have questions answered almost immediatly if she needs to speak w/ the atty. It's your life and your lawyer is there to fix these problems.

Thanks, I will forward the letter to them. It is strange the letter is to me about closing my case but does not say a copy went to my lawyer and it was dated 2 weeks ago, but just mailed.

Is there a cap on how long you can be on TTD before something happens.

Went in to fill my meds a couple of months ago and they said they got a call the day before saying my case was settled 4 months ago. Called lawyer and got my meds filled same day. They love to mess with us, I think it makes them feel like important people but I love to laugh at them

(03-24-2013, 08:00 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Went in to fill my meds a couple of months ago and they said they got a call the day before saying my case was settled 4 months ago. Called lawyer and got my meds filled same day. They love to mess with us, I think it makes them feel like important people but I love to laugh at them

thank you for the positive info, i have nearing panic attack

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sell my medical rights or keep lifetime care? 138 13 6,640 03-12-2019, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Jerry_Rivera
Rolleyes Time-Loss Stopped - What Are My options? shefallsdown 4 2,395 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: shefallsdown
Exclamation Work Comp stopped payments unbeleivable lack of knowledge rps 1 3,129 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Insurance Co stopped talking Rebos 21 14,098 06-12-2014, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Rebos
  Me vs **no names please**-workcomp checks stopped again. lonestar_61530 4 7,114 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  FCE stopped due to pain, now TTD stopped constantpain 31 23,669 09-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Found to be at MMI & Benefits stopped kerrtxgjg 5 6,780 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Last Post: 1171
  TTD stopped for a year, just started again constantpain 18 13,191 05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: constantpain
Wink settled and i/c stopped medical, lawyer ran nomeds 2 3,024 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM
Last Post: unjured2
  Medical case manager hurt back 17 14,237 06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bronco54501