Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying to get a psychiatrist referral
Rolleyes 
So I herniated my l5-s1 disc last year and I have been on workers comp ever since. I've become quite depressed due to pain and the Opana that I need to get out of bed. Depression and anxiety is a preexisting condition for me. (I'm already being treated by a psychiatrist) However, I feel that my condition has worsened since my injury. My pain doctor refused to write a referral for a psychiatrist for me. Because I'm being treated with a long acting opiate, my old psychiatrist fired me the other month. I have no psychiatrist currently Sad
Even though it is preexisting, it has gotten worse and I wouldn't be in this situation if I wasn't taking my required medications. How can I get my workers compensation doctor to do this for me? Also he may be sending me back to work in a few weeks. I still need a neurosurgeon to check me out.

You need to request a change of doctors. Put the request in writing and keep a copy.
If benefits are denied, you may need an atty.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-21-2013, 09:05 PM)1171 Wrote: You need to request a change of doctors. Put the request in writing and keep a copy.

I have an attorney already. This pain doc has been treating me for a while now but I still want a neurologist to look at my MRI before they even think about sending me back to work. On top of that, I need a psychiatrist to manage all the medications that I am on.
Regards.

If I change doctors, they might pick one that would destroy my case and my well-being. It took months to get this doctor to prescribe me 3 opana er 10mg per day. I'm scared that I would get nothing with someone new. Last time I saw him he asked how I was doing and I suggested that the increase in dose had made my days easier to bear. Now I fear he will send me back to work without any restrictions. I don't know what to do.
There is no way in hell I can work in a convenient store with my back the way it is.

(03-21-2013, 09:32 PM)lonelylib81 Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 09:05 PM)1171 Wrote: You need to request a change of doctors. Put the request in writing and keep a copy.

I have an attorney already. This pain doc has been treating me for a while now but I still want a neurologist to look at my MRI before they even think about sending me back to work. On top of that, I need a psychiatrist to manage all the medications that I am on.
Regards.

I have no idea what the rules are for changing doctors under your jurisdiction.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Same prob, a worker's comp doc is not going to treat your depression from pre- existion or worsoning , cause I tried, I was almotst at the end of my case when I said my pain is under treated and depression is worsening. Told all my docs this.... Then the referral to pain mang. Said I can't treat you pain
til you depression is controlled. HA ha ha. I cant treat my dpr. til my pain is controlled. I had to fight for my life an family but was finaly given time released meds. for 3 norco day for 1 and 1/2 years. sound like a retard but use to administrate a head start program for 7 counties, PAIN does wonders to the mind.

You will have to get a Pshyc on your own dime and it just may be worth it. Mine gave me sleep meds if they didn't work I just called and they were adjusted. At least you ccan sleep thru you r pain
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can my defense attorney obtain records from my psychiatrist for my non-psych claim? caworkerscompqs 2 985 01-30-2019, 01:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Psychiatrist and ortho doc recommendations? turnall 1 1,982 04-14-2014, 05:44 PM
  Dr. Referral Cookiecrum 7 3,909 10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
  Referral Help janebowling 1 1,790 05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Last Post: OldManOnCampus
  wc psychiatrist in ca meyea 2 2,454 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
  Pain Management referral DH's better half 11 11,181 03-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Last Post: sparkey