Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice..new to this..
ok I severely dislocated my knee in 2011.. since then i have had pt and 2 surgeries.. realy not much improvement.. and my other knee hurts all the time since its over compensating..

ok so my question is this.. my doctor told me that he wanted to permanent ans stationary me and told me that it would help me in the long run.. but he also released me to work..modified since i cant do the same job..

today i received to letter in the mail..1 said i was being terminated and the other says there going to pay me 2345 estimated disability and that these payment will be deducted from any award i receive?

the doctor told me also that the insurance company is going to try to settle for some thing small, couple of grand.. but i need to push for life time medical.. and retraining in a different field of work..

so any advice from people that have been thru it? and whats the normal for a settlement on a knee injury? and can i push for medical on my other knee.. i dont want to give a sob story i just want whats right.. but i dont know what that really is and i dont know if i should try to find a lawyer.. because i cant afford one.. so any advice would be a big help..

if you are in alabama they do not have re-training benefits for work comp injuries.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-19-2013, 06:31 PM)DigitalVoid Wrote: ok I severely dislocated my knee in 2011.. since then i have had pt and 2 surgeries.. realy not much improvement.. and my other knee hurts all the time since its over compensating..

ok so my question is this.. my doctor told me that he wanted to permanent ans stationary me and told me that it would help me in the long run.. but he also released me to work..modified since i cant do the same job..

today i received to letter in the mail..1 said i was being terminated and the other says there going to pay me 2345 estimated disability and that these payment will be deducted from any award i receive?

the doctor told me also that the insurance company is going to try to settle for some thing small, couple of grand.. but i need to push for life time medical.. and retraining in a different field of work..

so any advice from people that have been thru it? and whats the normal for a settlement on a knee injury? and can i push for medical on my other knee.. i dont want to give a sob story i just want whats right.. but i dont know what that really is and i dont know if i should try to find a lawyer.. because i cant afford one.. so any advice would be a big help..

It sounds shady, dont sign anything... Thats not enough money for a knee if you can no longer work your job... Find a wc attorney, thier fee is collected in the end there is no up front fees.. The more money they make you is the more money they put in thier pocket.. Usually there is a set fee, here in wisconsin it is 20%...

The ins company will and does screw the injured, some make it through the system just fine, while some have to fight all the way just for treatment..........Good luck..

ok so i talked to the adjuster and she said that if i were to just settle as an estimate.. the i would get some where between 15k and 20k..
but thats with out the doctors report.. and the disablement number..% so she went on to say that it would be higher since my knee wasnt just a simple knee injury..

and she told me to wait until she gets the docs report..

man this is confusing..

You need a lawyer.
If you are still injured, you need more medical attention

There is no way to settle a case when you haven't been determined MMI ( Medically Most Improved)
The lawyer gets paid in the end, costs you nothing up front.

I thought the nurse case manager was being good to me and looking out for my best interest. I was SOOOOO wrong. Get a lawyer, and stop talking to them. they are not looking out for your best interest