Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Past members
I was reading some old threads and was thinking......What happened to wink...? How's aqa doing...?

(03-19-2013, 10:46 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: I was reading some old threads and was thinking......What happened to wink...? How's aqa doing...?

Bronco Iyou and I must be having the same thoughts today. Earlie this morning I was thinking of sending you and IM to see if you knew how or where AQA is these days.
Somewhere I have his phone number if I can ever find time to go throught messages and locate it, I could give him a call
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I drifted away for awhile and I'm sure that is what happens to some. It's not that my fight with WC was over it was just got out of checking so much online. Had some computer problems didn't help and back to were this machine acts up more often.
Some once they get settled may want to forget about the past and the troubles WC cause them. I've sure glad there are folks on here still so willing to help out. I'd like to think I'd stay around and help if I ever get settled but I sure couldn't promise that but I think staying in touch sure would help. Once mine is settled I still will be dealing with the pain this has caused so I'm sure I will still have questions. Set-a-side questions and things like that. If they get their way and can find me a job I'm not sure I won't be back in the system and that is why I asked the other day about my trigger finger. It is good right now but if my job would make me work with my hands at all I'm sure it is going to come back and need to be dealt with. Also with my doctor saying I will only get worse as time goes on I'm worried a job my just speed that up. If I don't have to push things too hard maybe I can keep from having a surgery down the road.
It's like today I had PT and after he put some heat on my back and then I get in the pool and help it to relax. Trouble is I stop while I'm in town even if only for a short time and I start to hurt again when I should just have gone home

I would like to think thier days are full of joy and happiness, if not at least less pain.. Hopefully maybe they just moved forward and are at some acceptable level.. I can say I probably will stick around even after I settle, even if I dont have much to offer I would have been lost without this..

Manley, I was the oppisite, I had to ice then heat... Many sessions of pool therapy I had to sit it the hot tub... Even with work hardening I iced then soaked in the hot tub.. If I didnt do this It felt like my back was in a vice and my left leg was to heavy to move... I to had plenty of them days after pt, while my wife dropped me off she usually tried to run around to get things while we were in town.. But many times either I had things I had to do or thier wasnt enough time... I had like a 15 min window, if I didnt make it back in that time I was in missery...

I can understand that. I know by the time I get home and the rest of the day I'm going to hurt so I use that short time after PT and the pool to get a few things done. It is strange the little things that they have me do in PT that seem like it should be so easy to do but can cause so much pain. Think if I had a pool here I would be in it everyday. For the money WC pays for the PT they could have put me in a pool

I actually think pool therapy help alot on my recovery.. They couldnt toughen up my core without in reg pt, it was just to much stress on my low back and lack of muscle around the hip.. We had a pool here but it was a cheapy from wally world, although it helped but it was to risky trying to get in.. When the weather is good we head over to my parents and spend a few hours in thiers.. Its deep enough to relax and has a wrap around deck with tables and reclining chairs..

On to the point after pool therapy, it is hard to understand until you have it.. It may seem simple and easy excersises, but you do feel it afterwards..

Bronco our plans when we were looking for ahouse in Myrtle was to get a house with a pool. My wife has always wanted one. I promised her if we can find a house with a ppol that would be the one we buy. I know it would help my body.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

just wanted to let ya'll know i have not been well and finaly thank god the pm set meds to an extented release so Im not just fighting against 3 norco daily. still have bad days but have been better lately, working on settlement also. I am happy with a buyout to detach myself from comp. tired and will write to yo later.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

I'd like to detach myself from WC too but I get worried I will need a surgery down the road and not sure if they will have that all figured in to the set-a-side and what have you. Would be nice to not have to deal with them again but I think getting a check from them for a long time would remind them of what they did to me. If my lawyer hasn't figured this all up right it could be saving them money and costing me more if we settle now. I'm looking into some surgery options on my own right now just to see if anything like these laser deals work or what. I can tell they are not cheap by any means but they have the money to pay for it. Also wanting to get my records together and send them off to who I'm told is maybe the number 2 back guy in the country and see what he thinks. Again they have the money and I want to do what ever to make myself better. The problem is there could be a very fine line to what these places tell me will help and what does truly help. If this makes me worse off then I'd like to know this before settling just so their money is there to get anything the doctor says I need.

(03-24-2013, 03:37 PM)Manley2 Wrote: I'd like to detach myself from WC too but I get worried I will need a surgery down the road and not sure if they will have that all figured in to the set-a-side and what have you. Would be nice to not have to deal with them again but I think getting a check from them for a long time would remind them of what they did to me. If my lawyer hasn't figured this all up right it could be saving them money and costing me more if we settle now. I'm looking into some surgery options on my own right now just to see if anything like these laser deals work or what. I can tell they are not cheap by any means but they have the money to pay for it. Also wanting to get my records together and send them off to who I'm told is maybe the number 2 back guy in the country and see what he thinks. Again they have the money and I want to do what ever to make myself better. The problem is there could be a very fine line to what these places tell me will help and what does truly help. If this makes me worse off then I'd like to know this before settling just so their money is there to get anything the doctor says I need.

Good point about the reminder, it does bother me that I am letting them off easy, but the monetary gain is best for my family even in the long run. I've had all the surgery I can have, on those disc levels in this case. I'll tell ya my surgeon was the only amazing doc out of about 20 here in O.K. Thank Goodness I had a chance w/ him, or I would likely not be here to tell my story. I made sure to ask the surgeon, "Are you sure that is my pain generator?" "OFCOURSE" he said, I was excited about my surgery. and it did save my life. Now that that's over, I can look at as what do they owe me. I have PM for life but that's all as far as those disc are concerned. Broke back 215 weekly, Settle 40k, leaving 31k pocket. But 95% unlikely to have more surgery. I hate what they have put my family thru, They will take a vacation on Disney'[s Cruise Liner, and I have to have my teeth fixed from neglect from pain. I will try to make a plan for self-employed income. that's the hard part.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manley and all members missing in action Bummer Knees 5 5,521 12-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  For Jayne, Daniel and members of the forum Bummer Knees 3 4,326 04-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Flash from the past II, Turn the speakers on AQA 2 3,316 05-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  A message from past members of the forum Bummer Knees 4 5,683 12-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Today we start over. Members have been deleted. admin 7 7,804 06-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Last Post: jayne
  For one our newest members ( presently known as "Regrets" ). Wink 140 149,365 05-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Last Post: admin
  For today.....my life these past 2 weeks bodybuilder1958 1 2,483 03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Several New Members MJC 6 5,502 10-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  To all our Illinois members... admin 5 5,078 12-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: dsny1mom
Cool A Blast from the Past > Nov. 2006 Bad Boy Bad Boy 25 14,652 07-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Last Post: RNvic