Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC Laws need change
Suffered injury on the job. Required two surgeries plus a year and two months on workers comp. Doc. released me to work. Company says that because of change in corporations receivership, I am not an employee and never was. Now without job or any source of income. Attorney says it is legal for company to do this.

This is unethical and should be illegal.

Wc is set to protect the employers and they dont have to keep your job open after time.. If your dr released you, have you had a imparment rating done...? There should be funds for you if you were left with any imparments..

it does suck, and it is not fair, comp and comp laws are designed to protect the employer, and this time I agree the corporations and employers are the one who benefit from these laws, it does need to be changed, most of the time the injured are left out in the cold, sure they get most medical paid, but after the injury, if they are not fixed, they are screwed, while I agree most employers are not at fault, most employees are not either, employees didn't want to either, but when they come to the end and can not do what they could before, it is just oh well, see ya later, have a great life, were not responsible and because you are not able to do the job, you don't work here anymore,,, it really sucks, and just because your arm will not allow you to do your job, but you are only rated at 9% you get 50.00 for your time and are required to fend for yourself, but no on else will hire you either, and your too old to learn something else, not because you are smart enough, but because you cant focus because your still on meds for pain and makes you tired. and you cant sit because your head aches, and your back hurts because you have walked to much or sat too long, but have a grat life anyway

a little sarcastic but mostly true

WC will try ever trick in the box and trust me it's a big book. The system was setup so that if you get hurt with something minor it will take care of it and you go back to work but when your injury is worse then that the fun begins. It's simple why it is the way it is. Who makes the laws? Politicians. Who are most politicians? They are lawyers. If they write a law that make everything simple and protects us then they are putting themselves or friends out of a job if we the injured don't need a lawyer. Nothing is going to change in WC to help the injured. Most of us that have their life's changed forever will never get back even half of what we have lost. Sorry you are going thru this but keep reading and posting here and maybe the forum can help you get thru this. We have been thru it, some are done and stay around to help others and then there are ones like me who are still in the fight and have been for over 8 years now

(03-11-2013, 10:45 AM)hamrs_62 Wrote: it does suck, and it is not fair, comp and comp laws are designed to protect the employer, and this time I agree the corporations and employers are the one who benefit from these laws, it does need to be changed, most of the time the injured are left out in the cold, sure they get most medical paid, but after the injury, if they are not fixed, they are screwed, while I agree most employers are not at fault, most employees are not either, employees didn't want to either, but when they come to the end and can not do what they could before, it is just oh well, see ya later, have a great life, were not responsible and because you are not able to do the job, you don't work here anymore,,, it really sucks, and just because your arm will not allow you to do your job, but you are only rated at 9% you get 50.00 for your time and are required to fend for yourself, but no on else will hire you either, and your too old to learn something else, not because you are smart enough, but because you cant focus because your still on meds for pain and makes you tired. and you cant sit because your head aches, and your back hurts because you have walked to much or sat too long, but have a grat life anyway

Maybee a little sarcastic, but 100% truth... I am some what lucky, I have a wife that has a decent job.. Dont make enough to pay all the bills but it's getting us through.. But what worries me is, If my wife would get up and leave me, I have no income, wc shut me off 2 yrs ago and have not come up with a settlment agreement.. What is a single man or women to do when they cant work, no income and no place to live.. WI dont have welfare money, unless your caring for children there is no medical help.. It just amazes me how you can bust your butt for a company for many years and get tossed in the trash over a injury.. At first a good employer will help you fight to get treatment, but after the ins company starts to stiff you they lean on your employer and they partner up just to screw you...

the laws are changing.
it's getting worse for workers in every state.
Oklahoma is the latest republican target.

Heartland Institute is a republican policy machine:
http://heartland.org/policy-documents/re...ion-reform
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-11-2013, 09:48 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: Wc is set to protect the employers and they dont have to keep your job open after time.. If your dr released you, have you had a imparment rating done...? There should be funds for you if you were left with any imparments..

Suppose to get impairment rating, attorney has that scheduled. I sure got impairments. Fell twice sense doc released me. Can't possibly do the work any more. Really ticks me off that company did not tell me that my employment ended last Nov. I signed a lease on an efficiency appartment Dec. Tired of driving 100 miles round trip to work and back. Company manager filled out a form verifying that I was employed to apartment manager in Dec. Had she told the truth, I wouldn't have to skip out on the lease. Now they won't even acknowledge I was ever employed there. Leaves me with two year gap in work record. She acted as my employer by handling the monthly doctor reports in Dec. Jan. Feb. and Mar. That's not right.
(03-11-2013, 10:45 AM)hamrs_62 Wrote: it does suck, and it is not fair, comp and comp laws are designed to protect the employer, and this time I agree the corporations and employers are the one who benefit from these laws, it does need to be changed, most of the time the injured are left out in the cold, sure they get most medical paid, but after the injury, if they are not fixed, they are screwed, while I agree most employers are not at fault, most employees are not either, employees didn't want to either, but when they come to the end and can not do what they could before, it is just oh well, see ya later, have a great life, were not responsible and because you are not able to do the job, you don't work here anymore,,, it really sucks, and just because your arm will not allow you to do your job, but you are only rated at 9% you get 50.00 for your time and are required to fend for yourself, but no on else will hire you either, and your too old to learn something else, not because you are smart enough, but because you cant focus because your still on meds for pain and makes you tired. and you cant sit because your head aches, and your back hurts because you have walked to much or sat too long, but have a grat life anyway

They didn't even wait for the doc release. I was terminated in Nov. they didn't tell me til the doc released me this month. A thousand dollars of my personal tools were stolen from my office, and they say I took them. I couldn't even carry out the tools I had left. They ruined my credit by lying to the apartment complex. had they told them I had no job, they never would have given me the apartment and I would not have skipped pout on the lease.

**no names please**

Sorry to hear that. Something needs to be done.

Very interesting, I am curios to know is this something you wrote, or did this come from a newspaper........? Either way, it does not surprise me at all, we are thrown out with the trash after were injured.. I hope to god there is a law suit in the making..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Workman’s comp laws in Hawaii Me in Hawaii 1 916 10-26-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: 1171
  The Laws need to change !! tinainky 2 1,892 09-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  CA new laws pertaining to Medication/Treatment Babebahn 5 3,285 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  TX- meds, MSA, and laws Sithie 4 3,464 11-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Sithie
  Ca treatment laws mlburns69 2 2,339 05-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Laws needed to speed things up casual1 7 6,274 08-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: casual1
  Applicability of WC laws abroad Exit 4 5,891 04-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Exit
  KS governor signs new WC laws bodybuilder1958 17 13,570 04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Last Post: kate
  laws changed orange 1 3,465 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  What are the laws concerning an MMI extension? planetboxer 8 9,673 07-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Last Post: planetboxer