Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Daniel
Daniel I wanted to share a little about my daughter, Denelle.

As a toddler she was a very busy always on the go child.

As she got closer to kindergaten age we moved into a home in the country. Denelle would "run so hard" we would find her crashed from exhaustion at the end of the day.

In Kindergarten Denelle had problems with the alphabet and she would not sit at a desk still like the teachers wanted. Always an arm or leg was moving, she was tapping her foot or bouncing in her seat.

The first years of elementary years we notice she had problems with reading.

When learning spelling words she would stand at her desk with one leg bent behind her, she would junmp up and down as learning her spelling words.

She would do her homework with tv on at full volume, that is how she learned.

Baseball was boring to her, it did not old her attention but she was great in basketball and the first one to run to the opposite end of the court when her team had the ball.

In fourth grade an IQ test was done, Denelle scored at 98% in the national standards on her math testing.

By now I imagine you have guessed Denell had ADHD. She also has Dyslexia, she reads numbers and letter backwards and has a learning disability.

As Denelle got older she had some great teachers. They taught her you have to figure out what works for you in life, how to make your ADHD work for you.

For Denelle that ment figuring out her own accomodations in learning, jumping up and down when reading & spelling. When writing a word on paper, to write it it backwards on paper.

She learned how to use the computer and assistive technology to help her with learning.

Now let me tell you about Denelle today:
Denelle just had her 22nd birthday, she is a junior at Kansas State University with a major in Animal Science. She wants to work with animals in the filed as a vet tech, her education will allow her to do so. Classes like Chemistry are tough for her, and she spends more time studying then many students do but she has a goal in life: To do the best she can and what she is doing.

She has a job working as a bank teller and has purchased her own home while going to school.

The majority of individuals with ADHD are very smart individuals and have the higher end IQ's. But like Denelle you have to find what works for you in life. You have to figure out how to make the most of your disability, ADHD and make it work for you.

It it is folding papers or laundry, great! Learing patience is a key, as with being hyper we want to hurry thru with things.

I am proud of you Daniel, your knowledge and understand shines in what you write.

Bummer Knees

thanks Kathy I wish you had put that on FB some in my church believe you need to sit still and quiet to learn and our service is about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs long impossiable for Daniel without his folding.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne I will put it on fb. I knew several in your church were reading on facebook but did not know your feelings so I posted it here.

Has Daniel read this?

Jayne I will put it on fb. I knew several in your church were reading on facebook but did not know your feelings so I posted it here.

Has Daniel read this?

yes he has thanks,

I see many of the same qualities of personality in Daniel as in my daughter and I believe with this he will be a success in life.

As I posted on facebook I started receiving many congrats on my daughter's success. Not the way I wanted things to go.
I wanted to keep the focus on Daniel.

For this I apoligize Jayne.

I see many of the same qualities of personality in Daniel as in my daughter and I believe with this he will be a success in life.

As I posted on facebook I started receiving many congrats on my daughter's success. Not the way I wanted things to go.
I wanted to keep the focus on Daniel.

For this I apoligize Jayne.

ahhhhhhhh no dont our kids need all the atta boys they can get I am excited for her...she gives Daniel hope and one hellva role model to follow

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patients of Dr Daniel Capen California_Help 3 4,850 11-25-2019, 06:52 AM
Last Post: kev_b
  For Jayne, Daniel and members of the forum Bummer Knees 3 4,223 04-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  For Jayne & Daniel Bummer Knees 1 2,176 03-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jayne