Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midwest Winter Storm
Wednesday we received four inches of snow in South Central Kansas.

We are under a storm warning with all area schools, and business closed for Thursday. The governor has declared a state of emergency for Kansas due to the amount of snow reports say we will get today. My area of the state calls for up to 14 inches of snow the western part of the snow will have a lot more moisture than us.

We need the mositure badly so I really do not mind the storm.

On th down side we are told we will likely loose power so I am up at 3:00 doing laundry and trying to get caught up with house hold chores that require electricty.

I do not think we will receive the predicted amout of snow but time will tell.

I have my ipad and hotspot on the cell so as long as I have cell service even without electricty I can still checkin with the forum.

Last time we had a storm come thru like the one on the way we were without electricty for 14 days, part of county life.

Its about to hit us now. They are saying 10-12 inches in KC. Needless to say I called into work. I could make it in but doubt I would be able to make it home.

Now that you mentioned losing power I think I will start on my laundry too. That a great idea. I went to the grocery store yesterday to stock up on a few things. I'll get the snow shovel out early so not wading thru it to get to the garage after the fact.

We are not supposed to get much, ours is predicted to start friday morning and into sat.. Light snowfall amounts, but early next week the big one is supposed to hit our area with heavy wet snowfall.. They hav'nt came up with a amount saying its to early to tell but its posting weather danger...

we got some ice last night but its raining today
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne I was watching the radar and wondering if you were getting anything.

We still have power but are snowed in, Cody & Dennis are out shoveling the snow, something Dennis should not be doing with his heart condition but you can't tell that guy anything.

We may get hit by a smaller storm later today although the majority of that storm will miss us. May get some ice at the end of this storm. Last night was interesting as we had thunder snow at the beginning of this storm.

Jayne I was watching the radar and wondering if you were getting anything.

We still have power but are snowed in, Cody & Dennis are out shoveling the snow, something Dennis should not be doing with his heart condition but you can't tell that guy anything.

We may get hit by a smaller storm later today although the majority of that storm will miss us. May get some ice at the end of this storm. Last night was interesting as we had thunder snow at the beginning of this storm.

we were very lucky we got a bit of snow then a bit of ice then alot of rain.......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Started snowing here a little over an hour ago and we have a few inches. Fire has been out on 2 calls already. Trouble is we only have one ambulance and we are all volunteer so next ambulance in will take I'm think an hour to get here

Ended up with 9 inches of snow. Most fell between 8am - noon. I'll be shoveling snow for next 3 days....just in time for the snow they're saying is coming Sunday evening.

I dont know if this is the same storm, but it has started here about a hour ago.. Snowing pretty heavily...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter is knocking down our door. bronco54501 2 2,592 11-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Winter Storm bronco54501 1 2,032 04-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Another Storm bronco54501 2 1,808 03-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Last Post: fatboy
  First winter storm of the new year Bummer Knees 10 4,337 01-05-2014, 10:21 PM
  Winter storm Bummer Knees 4 2,440 12-22-2013, 10:40 PM
  Our day before the storm bronco54501 1 1,394 05-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Old man winter bronco54501 9 4,272 03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
  Winter is back for us.. bronco54501 14 4,931 02-04-2013, 09:26 AM
  Winter weather headed our way Bummer Knees 8 4,673 12-24-2011, 12:09 AM
  Thunderstorms, hail, Ice storm, & snow all in one day Bummer Knees 3 3,892 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM