Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused in Ohio
My restriction was no driving and they did not have to provide me a way to and from work so I hope your right about that part. As for the difference remember it will not be the full amount. If you were making say $20 and hour and now only getting $10 they will more then likely only give you 2/3rd of the $10 you are missing or around $6.6 and hour. But that money is not taxed so it is near what you are missing out on. And normally over time is not figured in so you could lose that if you were working any. Again I don't know your states rules

(02-14-2013, 06:31 PM)Manley2 Wrote: My restriction was no driving and they did not have to provide me a way to and from work so I hope your right about that part. As for the difference remember it will not be the full amount. If you were making say $20 and hour and now only getting $10 they will more then likely only give you 2/3rd of the $10 you are missing or around $6.6 and hour. But that money is not taxed so it is near what you are missing out on. And normally over time is not figured in so you could lose that if you were working any. Again I don't know your states rules

Amount would be about the same and I never had OT. And employer said they would take care of transportation if it came to that. Right now I'm off work completely until I see me new Doc of Record on Tues.
UPDATE: Since I posted yesterday deciding if I should go get a PCP to make DOR, I had to be rushed to the ER last night in extreme pain. That doc made the decision I need a nearby DOR and cannot work until I see her (on Tues.). That will extend my time off from work past the initial 8 days and I guess I will wait until Tues. to file that form with my updated restrictions.

Will say a prayer for you. This is a rough road but I can tell you the folks on here can help make it better. It's hard to believe they are wanting to give you a hard time but yet provide transportation as well unless they are forced to. One thing I can say if they are doing something for you be careful, they don't always do it to help you. You are just getting into this so maybe they will not be to bad in the long run. There are plenty of folks that get hurt and the employers take care of it. But like I said learn the rules and just be careful if they are being nice.

(02-14-2013, 06:41 PM)wickedcat68 Wrote:
(02-14-2013, 06:31 PM)Manley2 Wrote: My restriction was no driving and they did not have to provide me a way to and from work so I hope your right about that part. As for the difference remember it will not be the full amount. If you were making say $20 and hour and now only getting $10 they will more then likely only give you 2/3rd of the $10 you are missing or around $6.6 and hour. But that money is not taxed so it is near what you are missing out on. And normally over time is not figured in so you could lose that if you were working any. Again I don't know your states rules

Amount would be about the same and I never had OT. And employer said they would take care of transportation if it came to that. Right now I'm off work completely until I see me new Doc of Record on Tues.
UPDATE: Since I posted yesterday deciding if I should go get a PCP to make DOR, I had to be rushed to the ER last night in extreme pain. That doc made the decision I need a nearby DOR and cannot work until I see her (on Tues.). That will extend my time off from work past the initial 8 days and I guess I will wait until Tues. to file that form with my updated restrictions.

Allrighty, I know I have a lot of these days lately but what the heck is a dor.......? I know what a DNR is, but I am at a loss..

While I was in pt and then work hardening I wasnt able to drive, they provided transportation if my wife couldnt... If they were going to give me a job while on restrictions I had to supply transportation even though my restrictions said no driving while on narcotics.. There is a fine line that must be followed by both involved, if I didnt show because I couldnt drive, I would have been fired...It is a ploy to screw the injured, but thats only if you let them win at the game....

(02-15-2013, 05:20 PM)bronco54501 Wrote:

Allrighty, I know I have a lot of these days lately but what the heck is a dor.......? I know what a DNR is, but I am at a loss..

While I was in pt and then work hardening I wasnt able to drive, they provided transportation if my wife couldnt... If they were going to give me a job while on restrictions I had to supply transportation even though my restrictions said no driving while on narcotics.. There is a fine line that must be followed by both involved, if I didnt show because I couldnt drive, I would have been fired...It is a ploy to screw the injured, but thats only if you let them win at the game....

Bronco DOR I think they are refering to Doctor Of Record
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

(02-15-2013, 05:20 PM)bronco54501 Wrote:

I don't know abbreviations on here so I made DOR for Doc of Record--the person who handles the care while I'm on WC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ohio: doctors errors on Medcos desparate 6 3,055 08-27-2017, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  Ohio-Employer appeal schedule loss/dr appt brandallee3 8 4,563 05-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ColumbusChiroCntr North
  Ohio BWC FishermanBrad 2 1,753 03-07-2017, 11:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Ohio. Same story new question on OAC brandallee3 3 2,297 03-03-2017, 05:44 PM
  VSSR and a Minor- 17 years old in Ohio brandallee3 8 4,354 02-28-2017, 09:50 PM
  Ohio Permanent Partial Disability Increase W/CPTclaim 4 6,236 03-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: W/CPTclaim
  2009 injury flaring up - Ohio VailVolunteer 1 2,216 01-17-2016, 01:08 AM
  Permanent Total Ohio leomias 1 2,989 03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
  Permanent Total Ohio leomias 1 2,310 03-25-2015, 11:20 AM
  Final settlement in ohio gospdave 5 9,953 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM