Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused in Ohio
Question 
I have a very recent WC claim in Ohio for a back injury. I didn't have a primary care doc so I went to an urgent care location for my follow up appointment after the ER. The doc at Urgent Care NEVER looked at me. HE took some x-rays, read my WC form and wrote out a restriction form for sedentary work and recommended physical therapy. My questions are:

1. Should I get a second option from a doctor that will actually examine me so I have the proper restrictions for my employer instead of just a guestimate like he did? What he claims I can do are unrealistic witht he amount of pain I am in.

2. When I forwarded my restrictions to my employer, the WC office said they had taken me off the schedule and I will not be paid until they find me work elsewhere (another location or another company) that fits my restrictions. Can they force me to work elsewhere or for another company? I cannot drive so I have no idea how I would get anywhere (rural area, no public transportation).

Help!

talk to a lawyer if they are playing games already it aint gonna get any better
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

you can't switch to just any doctor. it has to be one BWC certified.

no they can't "force" you to work some place you don't want.
but they also don't have to let you continue you in a job you are medically restricted from.
you won't receive disability payments for voluntarily refusing light/modified work.
more information on Ohio work comp rules here
https://www.ohiobwc.com/worker/forms/pub...=344569341
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-13-2013, 09:41 PM)1171 Wrote: you can't switch to just any doctor. it has to be one BWC certified.

no they can't "force" you to work some place you don't want.
but they also don't have to let you continue you in a job you are medically restricted from.
you won't receive disability payments for voluntarily refusing light/modified work.
more information on Ohio work comp rules here
https://www.ohiobwc.com/worker/forms/pub...=344569341

I know it has to be a BWC certified doc. I just want someone to actually examine me and ask me where the pain is.

I was told I'm fired if they find me work and I refuse. Can't believe it's their fault I'm injured and yet they can make me work for an entirely different company doing a different job that what I agreed to in my contract. Doesn't seem legal to me.

a public message board does not have information about your employment contract.
if they are in violation, then you may have grounds. talk to your union rep or a labor law atty as to your rights under the contract.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I'm suprised they even took exrays, some would just call it a sprain and order pt... Wc can be cruel and unjust, and they will sweep you under a rug if you let them... They will use scare tactics and basically anything to escape the costs of your injury... If they have already started thier games dont wait, get your self a good wc attorney.. And read up on the forum here to see what you can expect, knowledge is your best defense right now..

(02-14-2013, 12:58 AM)1171 Wrote: a public message board does not have information about your employment contract.
if they are in violation, then you may have grounds. talk to your union rep or a labor law atty as to your rights under the contract.

I realize that "a public message board" does not have info about my contract. I wasn't asking for advice on it, just making a statement.
(02-14-2013, 02:33 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: I'm suprised they even took exrays, some would just call it a sprain and order pt... Wc can be cruel and unjust, and they will sweep you under a rug if you let them... They will use scare tactics and basically anything to escape the costs of your injury... If they have already started thier games dont wait, get your self a good wc attorney.. And read up on the forum here to see what you can expect, knowledge is your best defense right now..

You get xrays here for the sniffles, so I wasn't surprised. PT was ordered, but company has to approve it. They are trying to shove me back to work before the 8 day deadline, but they can't find something within my restrictions and my doctor of record cannot see me within that timeframe.

Find a good lawyer and read all you can. You will need to arm yourself with good information to help you out. They can put you in a different job if it fits your restrictions and if you refuse they are not going to pay you under work comp. Sorry I don't know if your state has any different laws but they don't have to worry about how you get to that job. One of the things they like to do is mess with your hours and days off in hopes of making you made and giving up. If you are union they might be your best help there. Where I worked they would change your shift and cut your pay. Remember unless there are rules or laws they will more then likely cut your wages if they put you on a different job that has a lower pay scale. They will try every trick in the book and you need to know what you can and can't do about it. They hope you get so pissed at them you give up and go away. Once a person gets injuried you are just a dollar amount to them and all they want is to get past this as cheap as they can.

I worked for the Salvation Army in a thrift store and on a regular basis recieved injured workers on light duty from the local chicken plant.It is good for you to get out of the house and do something if you can it cuts down on the depression.You are also getting full pay instead of partial pay which I believe you would like but you are also being watched if you goof off and dance to your car radio half the day be sure your boss will know about it that afternoon,but if you are hurt but at least trying your boss will know about that also.Many a injured worker slept in my office and many a goof off never came back to work the next day....They were asked their restrictions and given a choice of things I needed done and let work at their own speed if they were trying I knew it.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(02-14-2013, 04:04 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Find a good lawyer and read all you can. You will need to arm yourself with good information to help you out. They can put you in a different job if it fits your restrictions and if you refuse they are not going to pay you under work comp. Sorry I don't know if your state has any different laws but they don't have to worry about how you get to that job. One of the things they like to do is mess with your hours and days off in hopes of making you made and giving up. If you are union they might be your best help there. Where I worked they would change your shift and cut your pay. Remember unless there are rules or laws they will more then likely cut your wages if they put you on a different job that has a lower pay scale. They will try every trick in the book and you need to know what you can and can't do about it. They hope you get so pissed at them you give up and go away. Once a person gets injuried you are just a dollar amount to them and all they want is to get past this as cheap as they can.

My restriction is no driving so they do have to provide or arrange transportation for me. Also if I get a pay cut, they have to pay me the difference in wages. Both of these were told to me by the state office, lawyers and it's on the state website.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ohio: doctors errors on Medcos desparate 6 3,244 08-27-2017, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  Ohio-Employer appeal schedule loss/dr appt brandallee3 8 4,884 05-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ColumbusChiroCntr North
  Ohio BWC FishermanBrad 2 1,899 03-07-2017, 11:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Ohio. Same story new question on OAC brandallee3 3 2,468 03-03-2017, 05:44 PM
  VSSR and a Minor- 17 years old in Ohio brandallee3 8 4,655 02-28-2017, 09:50 PM
  Ohio Permanent Partial Disability Increase W/CPTclaim 4 6,506 03-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: W/CPTclaim
  2009 injury flaring up - Ohio VailVolunteer 1 2,300 01-17-2016, 01:08 AM
  Permanent Total Ohio leomias 1 3,084 03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
  Permanent Total Ohio leomias 1 2,397 03-25-2015, 11:20 AM
  Final settlement in ohio gospdave 5 10,231 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM