Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick again..!!
The flu swept through our family and by the time the last one got over it, now it's a head cold.. Nasty sinus presure, itchy ears and throat and fever.. It has started with my wife, and moved to Dominick in which his fever has been running 102.. Took him in and his normal dr is out on medical so anyways, they said nature has to take its course.. They labeled it a fever viral that is going through our town.. I think they are crazy, he has yellowish discharge comming from his nose and his head is plugged up.. This is what they do at our bandaid station, there to lazy to run cultures, it is just easier to say its just part of the bug thats going around.. I am a believer to see if the body can fight it off but he is not getting better so we probably will have to take him up north to a better facility..

While we were at the walk in clinic a elderly couple entered and she was complaining of chest pains.. The nursing staff didnt even offer her a chair, but instead made her fill out the paper work.. She collapsed while filling it out, major heart attack..... The nurse's only excuse was she didnt think it was a heart issue and thought she had gas...

(02-05-2013, 10:03 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: The flu swept through our family and by the time the last one got over it, now it's a head cold.. Nasty sinus presure, itchy ears and throat and fever.. It has started with my wife, and moved to Dominick in which his fever has been running 102.. Took him in and his normal dr is out on medical so anyways, they said nature has to take its course.. They labeled it a fever viral that is going through our town.. I think they are crazy, he has yellowish discharge comming from his nose and his head is plugged up.. This is what they do at our bandaid station, there to lazy to run cultures, it is just easier to say its just part of the bug thats going around.. I am a believer to see if the body can fight it off but he is not getting better so we probably will have to take him up north to a better facility..

While we were at the walk in clinic a elderly couple entered and she was complaining of chest pains.. The nursing staff didnt even offer her a chair, but instead made her fill out the paper work.. She collapsed while filling it out, major heart attack..... The nurse's only excuse was she didnt think it was a heart issue and thought she had gas...

It may be convenient to use their services, But I would not be going there. Take the baby where ever you know he will get good medical service. I do not like doc in a box places.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I dont like em either but its 60 miles to the next hospital.....but if I believe its major we throw on the hazard lights and off we go
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Bronco I've had the same stuff for a week, doctor put me on antibiotics.

Thought I was getting better but the chest congestion is worse and so is the headache.

Last Monday I was at the surgery center for the trigger point injection, the local hospital for the cervical MRI, and the local Social Security office, I picked up this stuff one of those three places.

(02-05-2013, 02:37 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Bronco I've had the same stuff for a week, doctor put me on antibiotics.

Thought I was getting better but the chest congestion is worse and so is the headache.

Last Monday I was at the surgery center for the trigger point injection, the local hospital for the cervical MRI, and the local Social Security office, I picked up this stuff one of those three places.

My guess would be any of them, every one up this way is getting this bug.. No doubt this weather has got somthing to do with it.. I am usually the first to get any type of virus, but not this time.. This afternoon I am getting wheezy and tight chested, I'm asumming I am next..
My primary is from my town and I trust him, but unfortunatley he cant treat dominick.. Dominicks dr is out on maternity leave, she is having a baby.. We really like her and her beliefs and she treats dominick really good.. I dont know if she acts this way to other kids but she spoils him with books. Every time we go there she gives him hard cover learning books.... Anyways, if we would have known she was out we would have taken him to woodruff 45 miles from us.. They are tied in with marshfield where I was treated for my mva... They expect a little more out of thier dr's and staff and it proves it..

Well its a fact, I for sure have it.. I dont think I slept a total of 1 hr last night.. Between the neb treatments and pro-air inhaler it was the only thing keeping me going.. Now hot and cold flashes, fever... Every time I get this way I end up with phenomia (spelling), going to call my dr to see if he will call in some steroids and avalox antibiotics.. Usually he will do this because with my history I end up in the hospital..

Yesterday was a killer, didnt sleep much the night before.. My dr is out until this week so I couldnt get any antibiotics without going in.. I did manage to find a bottle of predisone 20mg, I just had to cut a few to get the right dosages. With the big dosage of steroids yesterday and the 3 levaquin I found I did sleep a bit better last night.. I have found out after we went to town yesterday I was able to take deeper breaths.. Since I have asthma bad we change our furnace filter every 3 to 4 weeks because of the dogs.. There isnt hardly any dust on the filters but does reduce the hair.. I think we just need some warmer weather so we can open the windows and air the house out a few hrs a day....

I think we just need spring to arive......

Sorry my friend, prayers that all are well again soon.

Thanks BB,

Dont know the excact medical term but ever since my mva and brken ribs and punctued lungs my let lung has like a poket/folds it it retains fluid.. Almost every time I end up with a head cold it leads to sinus ifections and then that lung gets infected first.. I wont go to the er for this unless I'm on my death bed because the normal is its just a head cold and they say let nature take its course and then a few days later I'm hospitalized... My dr is aware of this so often he will call in the scripts for me with out seeing me.. Dominick had the same symptoms but he must have a really good imune system because he is almost completely over his, while mine continues to get worse......My luck....

All of the names on here that I remember are on my prayer list but I think I am going to put you on there twice. Hope you feel better soon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Been sick 4 months lucky 11 3,728 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Sick the first day of camping bodybuilder1958 2 1,839 09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Sick leave bodybuilder1958 1 2,115 11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  My poor sick kitty bodybuilder1958 1 1,959 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Kyzer is sick jayne 13 5,579 10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RNvic