Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
news
#1
Big Grin 
Was told by my firm that ic would like to settle, and as a matter of fact, I would to. Went over figures w/ firm here in O.K. and am looking at med buyout since I'm healing well. Since they paid for surgery it isn't going to be like what I thought it should be. But Yeah, nearing the end of this nightmare.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.
 
Reply
#2
(02-02-2013, 08:30 PM)Milo Wrote: Was told by my firm that ic would like to settle, and as a matter of fact, I would to. Went over figures w/ firm here in O.K. and am looking at med buyout since I'm healing well. Since they paid for surgery it isn't going to be like what I thought it should be. But Yeah, nearing the end of this nightmare.

Good luck at setteling. I have been on WC for 12 years now. I hope to get mine settled this year maybe. We started a settlement process over 1 year ago. I never realized it would take this long. We are really not much furthure today than we were a year ago. I hope it works out good for you.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED
 
Reply
#3
Pray that you do get this settled and behind you. It can be done and over with in a short time but as Cervical Fusion just told you his has been 12 years. Mine has been over 7 years now. My lawyer told me about 15 months ago he would get it settled so you can see it can take time. Some times it comes down to money and when they think it's the cheapest time for them to settle.
 
Reply
#4
Milo, If your ready and thats what you want then its time.. Hopefully it wont drag out to long and they agree with the amount you and your attorney set forth.. This will be my 6th year and settlment talks began mid nov 2012, thier first offer was impessive but not enough.. Just last week my attorney made my last counter offer (the least I will go) otherwise I'm better off taking through the court. My attorney sent my case to the d.w.d. to do a case value, we requested at least 100,000 less then its value, with open medical.. So hopefully yours will go faster...
 
Reply
#5
Great news. Hope it all works out. The last depo on my husbands claim was done Friday. Now it may move along. He hasn't even received a offer but they know we plan on trial anyway. PTD is what he is and what we'll go to trial for.
 
Reply
#6
Think they want to settle w/ 20% pd, 20,000 med for pain management, and 6,000 for voc rehab. Starting round $54. We don't see any surgeries in my future, and that's why my med buyout is low. but I would like to see my pd at at least 25% for a 2level fusion. Thanx for all the inputs. I have to remind myself to be patient, but my lawfirm sounds so confident it will go quickly.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.
 
Reply
#7
Thank you all, Now I have a court date, What has happened to your court dates? Did they get delayed, over and over, or why did it take so long if there was a court date???
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.
 
Reply
#8
if everyone is in agreement it doesnt take long....its only when people disagree that it takes so long
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......







 
Reply
#9
My dec court date was cancled due to settlment talks were moving forward.. In the meantime it was set for review by the state and court date was set for this feb.. My attorney sent out my case to the state dwd and got a case value and was sent back to attorney around the 3rd of feb.. With these reports and our counter offer was made, so feb court date was cancled in the hopes for a agreement.. My attorney sent a letter to thier attorney this last wed, stating we have yet to hear from her and if a agreement is not resolved we are heading to court.. No more cancelations, I will take my chances with a judge....
 
Reply
#10
I agree %100. I am more than willing to take my chances w/ a judge. I have given them an opportunity to settle at a very fair rate, since my suffering is better than b4. But like I said , my daughter wants to be there. as well she should be. My whole family has to suffer the reprocusions of the negligence of an ignorant supervisor lead by there asskissers trying to save money for the CEO who only job is to SAVE MONEY. Sorry , you f'ed up w/ me

VENTING
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.
 
Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good news/bad news, hell who knows monster1963 20 8,694 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Good news Bad news jayne 5 4,641 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  good news and bad news / Drs appointment bronco54501 6 4,721 04-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Good News Bad news...you decide red1030 17 7,315 06-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Bad news,Good news ??? Tuffy 17 7,121 03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Sad News Good News imsckofit 13 6,447 02-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Last Post: sparkey

Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)