Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Made a decisioin
#1
When I called my firm to ask where we stand w/ our request for voc., They agreed to an assessment til the hearing, but as we talked, she mentioned the IC sent a letter wanting to know if I am interested in settling. My Attorney responded that it wouldn't be in my best interest. I told her I am confident that I want them to buyout my med, voc, and pd. But I was suprised that I hadn't been told of this before, member, I was being shy about calling them? I made sure any problems above or below the cage would not be included in this arrangement.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.
 
Reply
#2
Not sure what that really means.

In my case I would like to have settled a few years ago but it just hasn't happened. I'm kind of glad this has taken so long because I was told my back would only get worse. Well now over the last 5-6 months it has been. Does this mean a surgery? Who knows but if it does they are going to be the ones paying for it and not out of a set-a-side that may or may not of been figured to cover it.
 
Reply
#3
(01-31-2013, 09:41 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Not sure what that really means.

In my case I would like to have settled a few years ago but it just hasn't happened. I'm kind of glad this has taken so long because I was told my back would only get worse. Well now over the last 5-6 months it has been. Does this mean a surgery? Who knows but if it does they are going to be the ones paying for it and not out of a set-a-side that may or may not of been figured to cover it.

I had my surgery, and was told now this is the strongest part of my body. any levels above or below fusion, would not be included in any future pre-existing injuries as far as my private ic . So if I can have them buy my painmanagement and meds out. I feel confident in my decision in my med buy out. Hubby, still isn't so sure. But If you hadn't had your surgery yet, you could always go back and appeal a worsening of mmi.
Also manley, my back went out and I would have excruciating episodes at least once a week. At that point I was willing to avoid surgery. Then that one week turned into two and then it didn't stop. My body was locked up 24/7 for at least three months. Only then did I decide I needed to have fusion. Hope that helps
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.
 
Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well We Made it sweet tooth 10 3,527 08-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  Made it it 49 Manley2 5 3,367 07-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  she made it to ga sweet tooth 6 4,584 04-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Made a decision Bummer Knees 15 6,272 01-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  I made a mistake bronco54501 10 4,108 08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  made to go ouchie sweet tooth 10 4,109 04-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Last Post: tweety00
  Decisions Made red1030 24 6,938 01-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Last Post: red1030

Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)