Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IME 2 months after Surgery
I injured my right shoulder 5/31/12. I was given therapy which didnt help. October came & the doctor referred me for surgery. I picked up a lawyer, and it took the insurance until December to approve my surgery. Surgery was done 12/4/12, to fix a big tear in my tendon. I just saw the doc about 2 weeks ago for a 6 week post op visit. He said continue therapy, lifted therapy restrictions, but cant return to work.

I just got an IME in the mail from insurance company for Feb 15th. My question is WHY? WHY after 2 months, im not nor I will be fully recovered at the time of the IME, so what are they trying to do? I havent been out lifing things, doing physical stuff, i go to therapy (i missed 2 appts which i cancelled & rescheduled because of the flu) and I come home.

Ive seen my boyfriend go through an IME AFTER expected MMI.

Please help, of course my attorney is busy!

they want a second opinion on your progress.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

It's like 1171 said, but this oppinion will more than likely put you at mmi.. Its just there way of screwing a injured worker, and be prepared for thier quack to say you can return to full duty..

LoL ok...theyd be asking for a bigger lawsuit. I dont even have full range of motion in my arm. They wont get an argument....ill return...but when i get hurt further, because my job is heavy lifting....they better be prepared!

Thanks guys!!!!

An IME is suppose to be like a second opinion and that might be all they are looking for. Depending on who they hired to do it they could be trying to get you back to work sooner then your doctor wants or they could be wanting you just stop paying you. This soon after the surgery I would hope they just want to see if what your doctor says is right. Sorry I don't know much about your surgery but I would think this a little too soon to be pushing you for a faster recovery. Remember most of the time your injury is just a number to them and they want to spend as little as possible on it. Your lawyer can help you understand your rights with the IME but you should know they are not always out to help you.

(01-30-2013, 03:58 PM)Manley2 Wrote: An IME is suppose to be like a second opinion and that might be all they are looking for. Depending on who they hired to do it they could be trying to get you back to work sooner then your doctor wants or they could be wanting you just stop paying you. This soon after the surgery I would hope they just want to see if what your doctor says is right. Sorry I don't know much about your surgery but I would think this a little too soon to be pushing you for a faster recovery. Remember most of the time your injury is just a number to them and they want to spend as little as possible on it. Your lawyer can help you understand your rights with the IME but you should know they are not always out to help you.

My surgery was a torn tendon...a big tear on right shoulder. Arthoscopic. THEIR doctor performed the surgery (he is well known and works on the Baltimore Ravens players & is trusted) thats why Im confused. The insurance is the ones who took 2 months to approve something, I could have already been back to work!!! Ive done everything by the book, because Ive seen my boyfriend go through hell with an injury, so thats why I am at a loss. Their doctor has been givin me restrictions, instructions, etc....

Hey after reading your lost reply yes you have to work with them but please be careful about going along with it just because they could be forcing you to do things your not ready for. Getting yourself hurt further is not a good thing. If you return to work because they say you can do things you can't, and it hurts you is not good. Your goal should be to get better after this and not to get more injured and maybe even more permanently injured. Work comp does not pay for pain and suffering and your the one that will have to deal with the pain for the rest of your life. Trust me they don't care about that. And you will not get rich off WC. You are responsible for your recovery and you want it to be the best it can be
You said something about a law suit. Is this a WC case or personal injury? If WC there is normally no law suit. WC is a no fault system

I understand that whole heartedly. Its just makin me angry because I know this is a push to either get me back or stop paying me. I dont understand either because i was told i could do desk work, my job dont offer that and told me I couldn't go back. A push to go back, im not even fully recovered....so basically the insurance can do whatever they want. Ive followed THEIR doctors orders to a T....perhaps if they didnt drag their feet.... i wouldnt even be asking this now.

Dragging their feet is what they are very good at. They don't care about us. In my case had they treated me in the first place and not put off any real treatment I might not have permanent nerve damage today. I will not get rich off this and only my family and I will have to deal with the daily pain. Sucks for sure

Im sorry about your situation. Im not even looking for money. I just want to get better and get back to work. It just irks me as this caught me off guard, i knew Id get notice for one, just not 8 weeks post op. Doesnt surprise me, I was suppose to get paid monday & check still isnt here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here: TKR 6 months Jenny_boise 3 790 01-22-2019, 12:53 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Injured Worker has not seen a PTP yet, its 8 months. Any ideas? Billy Miller 6 2,689 04-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  lawyer has not found my brother a PTP after Four Months in Ca? Billy Miller 6 2,983 02-01-2018, 11:50 PM
  2 months since IME appointment jojo87 6 2,539 03-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Last Post: jojo87
  2 months since IME appointment jojo87 0 930 03-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Last Post: jojo87
  CALIFORNIA- 1CM HNP, L4,L5,S1, OUT 10 MONTHS- HOW MUCH LONGER hardwey 2 1,719 02-22-2017, 03:28 PM
  Out of work for nearly four months RayC96 2 2,294 12-26-2015, 04:13 PM
  Off for 2 months and no wage benefits 2000silverz28 5 6,402 07-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  4 months and no money or treatment dwgriff1967 6 5,087 06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  can a doctor reverse months old restrictions? jayc123 5 6,100 07-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel