Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement check
I was injured 3 years ago this coming march. I have been through the appeals process and the appeals board has ordered the insurance company pay by jan 24th 2012. That was last week. My attorney doesn't seem interested in contacting the other attorney to find out why the insurance company hasn't sent payment yet. He has filed a grievance petition for late payment though. Is it common for an insurance company to drag their feet on payment? Is there something I can do to get my check faster?

Sad but it is very common for them to drag their feet. And the trouble is the penalties are not all that bad for them so they don't care. Trouble also is if your lawyer has to fight to get your back pay he normally gets a cut of that. Some times you can get them to pay the lawyers fees for this but you never know for sure. Now if they made them pay interest on the late payment it would help. Sorry you are having to deal with this but it is not anything odd to have to fight for what is owned you

(01-30-2013, 02:20 PM)vwsean1 Wrote: I was injured 3 years ago this coming march. I have been through the appeals process and the appeals board has ordered the insurance company pay by jan 24th 2012. That was last week. My attorney doesn't seem interested in contacting the other attorney to find out why the insurance company hasn't sent payment yet. He has filed a grievance petition for late payment though. Is it common for an insurance company to drag their feet on payment? Is there something I can do to get my check faster?

if your atty is not doing enough in your opinion, talk to others and decide about switching.
you can always write complaint letters to the carrier and your employer/policyholder.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Unfortunately this is thier stall tactic.. If they can keep thier money longer it proffits them.. There isnt much you can do than let your attorney handle it, its stressfull when you have to go through the propper channels when its owed to you...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settlement Check (edited by Admin) - Virginia Tethys2010 7 16,067 06-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  settlement check blake 4 13,521 04-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  settlement check happy go lucky 21 14,185 09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Lilly