Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I crazy????
I interviewed for a new job just over two weeks ago. This is my dream job, in 2005 I had surgery at this place and I just drooled over the place. Well ran, pays well, clean, well organized, etc. Not to mention Christian centered.

Well yesterday I did my physical and I told the truth about my WC injury. I lied to get the job where I currently work and it's bothered me ever since. I don't want to start working at a place on a lie again.

Am I crazy? I might not hear from them again. Or it might be okay, we shall see.

Bodybuilder1958

I hope you get, you deserve it.. I have always believed in being honest for my self being, but in our world now days it doesnt mean crap to some people. Its all about being black balled when we have to list a wc injury and even if we can perform just fine they seem to target us as a risk..

(01-30-2013, 10:34 AM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: I interviewed for a new job just over two weeks ago. This is my dream job, in 2005 I had surgery at this place and I just drooled over the place. Well ran, pays well, clean, well organized, etc. Not to mention Christian centered.

Well yesterday I did my physical and I told the truth about my WC injury. I lied to get the job where I currently work and it's bothered me ever since. I don't want to start working at a place on a lie again.

Am I crazy? I might not hear from them again. Or it might be okay, we shall see.

Bodybuilder1958

I would never tell any possible employer about my past issues no matter what they were. If they specifically asked, then that would be different.

In many states, it is illegal to disclose personal information such as reason for termination or in your case your former WC past.

If they did not ask, I would not tell never.

(01-30-2013, 11:50 AM)lucky Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 10:34 AM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: I interviewed for a new job just over two weeks ago. This is my dream job, in 2005 I had surgery at this place and I just drooled over the place. Well ran, pays well, clean, well organized, etc. Not to mention Christian centered.

Bodybuilder1958

I would never tell any possible employer about my past issues no matter what they were. If they specifically asked, then that would be different.

In many states, it is illegal to disclose personal information such as reason for termination or in your case your former WC past.

If they did not ask, I would not tell never.

The form I signed yesterday said 'failure to disclose to result in loss of job offer'. I lied before, I just can't do it again. The other reason, my work comp doctors does 70% of his surgeries out of this surgical center. Therefore there's a good chance it could come out because of that. I am asking to see him again because the patella sticks at times.

In my state of Alaska they have a couple of paragraphs in the injured workers handbook that I went back and checked. It says that in my state if you lie on a job application about a direct inquiry about health or injuries and then you are later injured on the job you would not be able to collect WC if you were injured on the new job. When I was hired at my last job it specifically asked about previous injuries and I even think it asked if I had ever filed a WC claim before. I didn't lie because I can't sleep at night if I do, just my personal convictions, and boy am I glad or I would be screwed now. They hired me because the job I was being hired for had very little possibility of me getting hurt. If they knew then what they know now I obviously wouldn't have gotten the job. Our little handbook also says that employers cannot discriminate against you because you have filed a WC claim before. Yeh....right. Try and prove "that's why" you didn't get the job. I am finely old enough to have figured out that lies always come back to haunt you no matter who you are or how small/big it is. I always told my kids the best lie is never better than the worst truth. I know as an adult with responsibilities it is difficult to always do the right thing so no judgement here. But like I said boys would I be screwed right now if I had lied on my application. Best of luck I hope you get the job.

BB to disclose could reslut in...but u did not post failure to disclose what??????????
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Failure to disclose previous WC injuries that resulted in payouts or settlements.

It is crazy , while at the same time I can understand why they ask.. The problem is there are some (stupid) that do get hurt on purpose and make it a habbit or they fake it..

(01-31-2013, 12:35 AM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: Failure to disclose previous WC injuries that resulted in payouts or settlements.

I have never seen this question on an application before or any closely worded to what you have posted. That question asked as you posted it seems to me to be a little personal and all most ilegal to ask that way. I have worked all my life with applications, interviewing people and I have watched laws and styles of applications and do's and don't of interviewing change over the years but that one still seems a little to personal to ask.
But I do rebember before the ADA laws came along I have seen applications where personal info was asked. Like have you ever injured your back, Have you ever filed a workmans comp claim. Hell I remember apps where we asked if your wear married and if yes what is your spouses name, We use to get very persoanl on a app. and did absolutely nothing with the most of the info.
I would check with the EEOC and ADA laws and see if that is legal to ask someone on an app.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

It would be nice if a WC person would weigh in on this discussion. I am wondering if it has to do with state laws/regulations. I know for certain that when I was hired by the local hospital (AK)in 2010 I was asked specifically if I had ever filed a WC claim and then in our state's injured worker's handbook it states if you lie on an application the same type of injury would not be eligible for a WC claim if re-injured on the new job. SO something's up. I thought lots of things were protected but more and more it seems there is a lot of fine print we have been missing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cervical neuropathy - This is driving me crazy Bummer Knees 14 5,957 06-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Crazy weather bronco54501 7 3,694 01-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  English is a crazy language bodybuilder1958 1 2,459 07-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  crazy weather jayne 8 3,488 12-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Last Post: jayne
  My nephew, crazy kid! Bummer Knees 0 2,046 08-28-2010, 03:27 PM
  OMG, crazy funerals, too funny bodybuilder1958 4 7,868 05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Last Post: red1030
  My Crazy boys backache 22 7,400 02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
  It's Crazy! Bummer Knees 21 10,325 11-11-2009, 06:24 PM
  A crazy morning, the Dr. appointment that didn't happen! Bummer Knees 0 2,507 02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
  update on chrischris's crazy cat Tom jayne 8 4,271 08-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Last Post: red1030