Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the dreams gone?
My honey and I were talking and I relized we dont dream the way we used to....We always dreamed of when we retired and the kids were grown and out of the house the things we would do,but we dont do it anymore.When we walked thru the new RV last week the dreams struggled to the surface again of a top of the line RV not a plain jane RV like we have now,I mean not that I am not thankful cuz I mean I love my camper and am not ashamed of it in any way.But it isnt the RV of our dreams you know the one that has only "one " king size bed in it and built to live in.......ahhhhh hell I was wondering do any of you still dream with your mates?Or are they gone along with our bodies?
I dont jump out of bed excited to start the day anymore...and I want to,I have to find something to make me excited about the day again.Any ideas gang?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I still dream, but I think they are more practical now then early injury.. I believe any of us that are injured and I mean injured to where you cant just jump in a vehicle and drive for 6 hrs and not to expect to hurt, walk to the mail box in fear of making it back.. If I fall will some one help me back up, etc... I believe our drems at least mine are much shallower, to some people they would think its crazy that I would wish for somthing so small when that is thier normal every day.. I do think of a new house built for my needs, think of taking trips, new rv, but I dont dwell on it to much..

When our lives change our dreams also change.

What we use to focus on as being the ultimate dream no longer is and we focus on what is more important to us in dreaming, I think we become more realislistic.

Jayne you have been reading my mind,. I came to Alaska from Florida at the age of 23 with $20 and a place to stay in 1976. Talk about a dream. I have lived it to the fullest. And now all my children have flown the coop and I mean "flown" the coop. After getting her masters degree my oldest daughter moved to Istanbul where she had been for three years with her husband as a career Baptist missionary. They have just recently moved to Russia. She has two of my grand children there. The other moved to NC to pursue her doctorate degree in PT and had my grand son two two days after graduation two years ago and added a new grand daughter two days ago. My oldest son attempted to be a Navy seal and out of 187 only 70 made it to hell week. After 48 hrs. he quit coughing up blood and simply unable to go on. Now he is depressed and waiting on new orders that couldn't possibly meet the seal dream he had and it also means no telling where he will end up. My baby is in his first year of college in California.Me? I live in a huge house alone and wonder where that dream of all the grand kids coming to grandma's house went.Christmas, Sunday dinners...you know The Waltons? I don't have one relative in the state and both of my ex husbands said exactly the same thing on their way out the door. The first one was after ten years and the second was after 13 years and I quote "I am tired of being responsible" and then they left. So I am sitting here in pain, somewhat lonely and wondering what is next. For me I am waiting on the final "what the heck is wrong with me" and to be finished with WC which we all know takes a lot of time. I do know that I refuse to quit dreaming. If I do I will die. I am dreaming of a class B motor home and being a couch surfing, country crossing granny even if I can only handle driving a few hours at a time and taking an eternity to get where I am going. I have always been a dreamer and now the question is "What is the next great adventure?" 37 years ago Alaska was a new frontier and quite the new adventure. I am praying for a new dream and a new direction. I will not sit in my living room thinking about living. I am going to get out there and do it one way or the other. Just got to get this damn WC deal behind me.

Yeah Jane, I used to jump out of bed ready to ENJOY the day. Now I know it's a constant battle. Hubby tries too keep me up beat, and when I'm down, He tells me I shouldn't feel like that.

Bronco, I have been dying to try my daughter's rip stick, but naahh.

Jayne I do know of a camper my Aunt showed off this summer. Flat screen, mirror closets, recliners,surround sound and fold out deck. I could call that home.

Brent and I still discuss what we would like to do in the future, depending on what exactly happens. We are back to roughing it for a while, but he'd rather hold out while I want loans and such, but he always knows best. We've know each other 17 years and married omg Like I said math is out the window. Married 1999, and April 10, 2013 is our 14 anniverary.

Same as Debra, wish WC would give my fam a break and just cut us loose, I don't know whether to file for SSD or look for a job I know I can't keep cause pain or depresion. "Same Ol' Story, That only Injured Workers know" Garth Brooks Hee haw.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

Yeah Jane, I used to jump out of bed ready to ENJOY the day. Now I know it's a constant battle. Hubby tries too keep me up beat, and when I'm down, He tells me I shouldn't feel like that.

Jayne I do know of a camper my Aunt showed off this summer. Flat screen, mirror closets, recliners,surround sound and fold out deck. I could call that home.

Brent and I still discuss what we would like to do in the future, depending on what exactly happens. We are back to roughing it for a while, but he'd rather hold out while I want loans and such, but he always knows best. We've know each other 17 years and married omg Like I said math is out the window. Married 1999, and April 10, 2013 is our 14 anniverary.

Same as Debra, wish WC would give my fam a break and just cut us loose, I don't know whether to file for SSD or look for a job I know I can't keep cause pain or depresion. "Same Ol' Story, That only Injured Workers know" Garth Brooks Hee haw.

(01-29-2013, 06:54 AM)Milo Wrote: Yeah Jane, I used to jump out of bed ready to ENJOY the day. Now I know it's a constant battle. Hubby tries too keep me up beat, and when I'm down, He tells me I shouldn't feel like that.

Have been double posting all mourn, never did before.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For today....dreams bodybuilder1958 2 1,906 03-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Last Post: jayne
  I think I found what Jayne dreams about AQA 8 5,052 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Hold on tight to your dreams!!!!! CRABBY 3 1,964 01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Last Post: red1030