Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats best, permanent rating or continued therapy
What is better for injured worker?????continued therapy at the hands of insurance carrier making matters worse, orrrrrrrr, going for permanency award the way I am? I just don't get it Thank you

(01-25-2013, 09:51 PM)constantpain Wrote: What is better for injured worker?????continued therapy at the hands of insurance carrier making matters worse, orrrrrrrr, going for permanency award the way I am? I just don't get it Thank you

Its all up to the injured, if there was nothing more medically than I would say permanency.. But if there was room for improvment than therapy, but that dont mean much if the carrier doesnt approve..

(01-25-2013, 09:51 PM)constantpain Wrote: What is better for injured worker?????continued therapy at the hands of insurance carrier making matters worse, orrrrrrrr, going for permanency award the way I am? I just don't get it Thank you
each state has different rules for how treatment is handled before and after the patient attains maximum medical improvement.
generally the patient doesn't get to choose when MMI occurs; medical evidence is used to make that determination and if it is in dispute then the comp court will rule.
there is no one answer that fits every situation.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-26-2013, 12:00 AM)1171 Wrote:
each state has different rules for how treatment is handled before and after the patient attains maximum medical improvement.
generally the patient doesn't get to choose when MMI occurs; medical evidence is used to make that determination and if it is in dispute then the comp court will rule.
there is no one answer that fits every situation.

thank you, I guess maybe I am grabbing at straws trying to find a cure for something that may never be cured. I have done alot of research on RSD esp at RSD.org and RSDHope.org. After finding that some people have been cured with certain treatment I just wonder if I should pursue this thru WC trying to get them to pay or move on and get my own treatment with my own insurance. I may find a cure, or I may find myself wasting more time driving around looking for something that may not exist. Without treatment I am unable to finish a FCE or conditioning program so not sure where that leads me in terms of MMI.

Again how treatment is handled depends on the state rules.
How come you refuse to provide your state?

Most will not let you choose how the employer/carrier$$$$ are spent.
Most have some form of protocols, guidelines or other gate-keeping regulations to control costs.
When you are using other people's $$$$, there is no blank check.
In a situation like RSD where a "cure" under any circumstances is elusive at best, under the conservative practices and cost containment concerns of workers compensation it can be impossible.
Best to try and settle and seek your own chosen form of relief.
Workers comp was designed to handle the clear-cut every day accidents common in the early days of industry.
It doesn't do well when modern diseases are brought into coverage.
Legal issues blur liability especially for high cost commitments.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

duplicate
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-26-2013, 03:02 AM)1171 Wrote: Again how treatment is handled depends on the state rules.
How come you refuse to provide your state?

Most will not let you choose how the employer/carrier$$$$ are spent.
Most have some form of protocols, guidelines or other gate-keeping regulations to control costs.
When you are using other people's $$$$, there is no blank check.
In a situation like RSD where a "cure" under any circumstances is elusive at best, under the conservative practices and cost containment concerns of workers compensation it can be impossible.
Best to try and settle and seek your own chosen form of relief.
Workers comp was designed to handle the clear-cut every day accidents common in the early days of industry.
It doesn't do well when modern diseases are brought into coverage.
Legal issues blur liability especially for high cost commitments.

thanks for the response, and I am under Maryland WC blog so I thought everything here pertains to MD law. Sorry if you are from another state reading it. I was hoping to try treatments other than more surgeries and invasive nerve blocks but some are not conventional treatments, even so they are really expensive. I read on some posts that there is Medical Set aside to cover future treatment, if not, then who picks up these expenses,,,,,, medicare???it is so complicated. For future, I would highly recommend if someone gets hurt at work to go home and say it happened at home and use your own insurance because you will get undoubtly better treatment and be back at work much faster without loss of too much wages

You are in the injured worker forum; nothing here about a maryland blog.
you didn't register here on this forum as maryland blog and you did not get email authentication to post on this fourm from maryland blog.
this is workers compensation.com --a separate entity that runs it's own website.
I think you've skipped to a site you did not intend and are you are not where you think.

A set aside can be part of a comp settlement if it's part of the negotiations.
Every worker has to make their own choice about reporting a work injury; falsifying your medical history can also have adverse consequences.
You should consider legal representation if you want a set aside settlement as they can be complex.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Permanent disability rating and settlement jennifernd 14 72,388 12-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Help translating permanent partial disability rating into $settlement mashkey 1 8,520 07-30-2015, 02:00 AM
  have anyone ever had a broken c6???? I wanna know whats in store for me??? alvinf478 1 2,703 02-11-2015, 01:31 AM
  Whats after MMI Account details 20 19,505 05-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  whats next after my MMI preframe 3 5,231 04-18-2014, 02:43 PM
  crps/ wc whats gonna happen midget 6 8,196 01-27-2014, 01:36 PM
  Texas DD rating versus RME rating danitaw63 3 13,554 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
  Whats a Final report? lizdawiz82 2 5,373 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Last Post: brushhog
  whats happening to me Steveo190 5 6,806 08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Question workers comp-continued to work-able to collect during summer? golfalots 11 11,916 07-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Last Post: hspsensitive