Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is my case worth?
In August of last year I broke my left leg and both ankles.
left proximal fibula fracture , right subtalar dislocation w/talar neck comminuted fracture, left
plafond fracture and left tibial metadiaphyseal shaft fracture

I was wondering how much does an injury like this settle for?
I live in Oregon.

Thanks

That is a questions that is too hard to answer. There are many things that figure into a settlement. The one think to remember is WC does not pay for pain and suffering. If you are healed and have no lose of use after an injury there real is no settlement. If you can't return to any job after an injury then they will pay you to survive. But with that I do only mean survive. You will never get rich on WC. In my case the year I was injured I made $54,000, this last year they paid me $22,000. It's not fair but that is the way WC works.

Other may know more about WC in Oregon and help better but like I said in the beginning there are many things that factor into a settlement. More info might help somebody here give you better info. And I'm not trying to be mean just give you the truth

I'm sure ttd while your healing.. After healed (mmi) if you are left with an impairment you will get somthing. If your healed and nothing wrong and you can return back to normaL JOB DUTIES without restrictions, you recieve nothing......For your pain and suffering....nota thing..

(01-20-2013, 01:34 PM)damonyanes Wrote: In August of last year I broke my left leg and both ankles.
left proximal fibula fracture , right subtalar dislocation w/talar neck comminuted fracture, left
plafond fracture and left tibial metadiaphyseal shaft fracture

I was wondering how much does an injury like this settle for?
I live in Oregon.

Thanks
eligibility for addition permanent disability and it's value depends on your level of permanent impairment.
http://wcd.oregon.gov/compliance/fau/ptd/ptdinstr.html

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Worth we checking into? magus500 13 6,157 01-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Last Post: 1171
  how much can my case be worth? mmmikey 8 6,976 06-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  closing case without future medical.whats this worth? dahubb 17 34,210 04-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Triksey
  Amputation worth dagger 4 7,369 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Last Post: dagger
  is workers comp worth losing ur job? charliebrown 26 30,014 03-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Bernie57
  what is an injury worth?? beth_qirn 10 6,879 11-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Last Post: jayne