Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Medical
It seems we all have High Blood Preasure in common. See, I'm a spoiled 36 year old female, had always been athletic, Bp was always ummm 66 was the bottom number, since all this "and give me a break, I'm not in the medical field", The bottom # is 88 to 98 . What's up w/ that? Seriously asking a question here.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

Thats why I have a treadmill and curtains. Smile

Probably has something to do with age....... *JOKE*

IDK it's like not being able to live a normal life for fear of financial ruin is stressfull or anything.

High pain effects the blood pressure making it much higher than before the pain. I have low blood pressure 90/60 is normal for me but I have not seen that for a long time.

Yesterday my BP was 143/89, yes it was a high pain day.

I have had high BP problems for some time but take meds to help. They have not been helping for awhile now. When I went into ER after Christmas it was 230/110 and I have never seen it that high. Was at a reg doc appt a week ago and it was 140/76 and he didn't think too much of it but had a pain doc appt a few hours later and it was 142/92 and they even asked about it because they didn't like the bottom number being that high. There are different things that your BP can tell them. The basic numbers are one thing but also the difference between the 2 numbers is also part of it and is called the pulse pressure.

Manley that is a scary number and if I was your wife I would be wanting some answers and help getting those numbers down.As a wife whos husband had a heart attack and a quad bypass I can tell you it is a scary time for us.
Bill is healthier today but we work at it every day.I cook only with olive oil I know it sounds expensive but it isnt really as you use so much less to cook things in.As a result all his colestrol(sp) levals are way down and that is great and he is even off some meds.get a handle on it buddy for he sake.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Manley that is a scary number and if I was your wife I would be wanting some answers and help getting those numbers down.As a wife whos husband had a heart attack and a quad bypass I can tell you it is a scary time for us.
Bill is healthier today but we work at it every day.I cook only with olive oil I know it sounds expensive but it isnt really as you use so much less to cook things in.As a result all his colestrol(sp) levals are way down and that is great and he is even off some meds.get a handle on it buddy for he sake.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Part of the problem when I was in the hospital both of my doctors were out of town because of the holiday so I only saw the guys filling in for them. You always wonder if they really take as much time as your doctor would. I do have a blockage but it was not that bad a couple of years ago. They told me if everything went right it would not get worse but time will tell