Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
voc rehab
I live in a small town about a 25 min drive from where I worked. It is the biggest town near me. The last report unemployment was at 13% but I'm sure with this latest layoffs that will only got up. My former employer is the second largest employer in the city. One of the employment places I had applied told me she didn't get any jobs I could do with my restrictions but my rehab person had 2 jobs listed from them I was suppose to apply for. When I reminder her of this she said I still needed to apply. I understand she gets paid to try and help me get a job but she really isn't doing much of anything to help. I keep my lawyer up to date on anything going on and everything that is said so I know if he feels okay with everything I don't really have much to worry about there but it doesn't make me feel any better.
She has followed up with places I have applied and only has told us about a couple that said they don't have an app from me. I'm betting once they have found out about my restriction some may have thrown out my app just so they don't get too many questions about why they don't hire anybody with a disability. One of the places she claims they still had an opening but she is mixing things up to make it look bad for me, the only opening they still have requires a college degree which I don't have. Those are the things she puts down to make me look like I'm not doing my part but that is why I give my lawyer all the info so he can defend it if we get to a hearing

(04-08-2013, 05:20 PM)Manley2 Wrote: I live in a small town about a 25 min drive from where I worked. It is the biggest town near me. The last report unemployment was at 13% but I'm sure with this latest layoffs that will only got up. My former employer is the second largest employer in the city. One of the employment places I had applied told me she didn't get any jobs I could do with my restrictions but my rehab person had 2 jobs listed from them I was suppose to apply for. When I reminder her of this she said I still needed to apply. I understand she gets paid to try and help me get a job but she really isn't doing much of anything to help. I keep my lawyer up to date on anything going on and everything that is said so I know if he feels okay with everything I don't really have much to worry about there but it doesn't make me feel any better.
She has followed up with places I have applied and only has told us about a couple that said they don't have an app from me. I'm betting once they have found out about my restriction some may have thrown out my app just so they don't get too many questions about why they don't hire anybody with a disability. One of the places she claims they still had an opening but she is mixing things up to make it look bad for me, the only opening they still have requires a college degree which I don't have. Those are the things she puts down to make me look like I'm not doing my part but that is why I give my lawyer all the info so he can defend it if we get to a hearing

Many places here that I know people at screen the applications before the boss even sees them. If they feel they don't want to work with the person applying they toss it in the trash.. It is not fair but if the boss don't know they will continue.. This lady that is supposed to be helping you should be reported, she will probably end up causing you great grief with wc ins.

If my lawyer is not worried I feel pretty good. I call him after our meetings so he can document what is going on so I believe him if he is not worried. The only ones she says they don't have anything are folks that when I have spoke with them you can tell they don't want to deal with people like me with disabilities. There are just as many that I have talked with that would stand up and let them know I have worked on it. A few have told me to make sure they call them and they will tell them I have called and spent time talking about the jobs. My wife has worked her rear off to keep our spending down to were the SSDI covers it so the WC checks have been extra because we knew they were going to mess with me during this. Been saving to replace the car so if we have to we can just keep it and save the cash.