Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer says no work, but wont pur it in writing.
My employer is telling me they have no work for me but refuses to put it in writing because they think "workers comp has already paid you enough". Right now WC isn't paying me because they claim I'm employed until they receive proof otherwise. how do i get out of this gridlock?

file for a penalty and take them to comp court.
most states stop disability when you are released for full duty even it's not available.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-17-2013, 06:43 PM)Stormy Wrote: My employer is telling me they have no work for me but refuses to put it in writing because they think "workers comp has already paid you enough". Right now WC isn't paying me because they claim I'm employed until they receive proof otherwise. how do i get out of this gridlock?

This is them firing you , you may now file for unemployment, if you state allows you to meet requirements, also If you were released by your treating physisian that means you are able to find work w/in your restrictions, LOL this is so hard to do. Some states allow ttd checks to continue til you find unemployment. mine does not, and since I use WC the past year, I am eneligable for benefits. Mu husband make more than Obamacare allows, so we are right back to the same income I was at the first 10 months I was injured. No more letting the kids take their lunch to school. Use your rescourse if you are applicalbe. Must know, Have you been given a percentage rating from your doctors?. I have to see my lawyers doc, then theirs, than a judge will decide. That's where I'm at.. SORRY , YOUR EMPlyor will not put that in writing because that leavens them open for law suite. You are not empolyeed if they do not have light dutie available, "You are not recieving an income" Depending on your state, some require your pay via wc if this is not available, that's where the lawyer comes in. Wish I new what state, I've learned alot. let me know.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

(01-17-2013, 07:15 PM)1171 Wrote: file for a penalty and take them to comp court.
most states stop disability when you are released for full duty even it's not available.

You mean my employer right? Not WC. And the penalty would be my attorney fees? I've shielded my employer this entire time and tried to speed things along as much as possible and today along with the comment in the op they accuse me of "dragging this out to get more money". At this point I'd love nothing more than to drag them into it so they can get a taste of what its like.

Also in Illinois I know that benefits are paid while doing a good faith job search and working with a vocational rehab company until a new job is secured. Have been on WC too long at this point so no unemployment to be claimed and no % yet from any doctors. I have a functional capacity evaluation coming up soon and that should hopefully be one of the last hoops I have to jump through.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Out of state employer, modified work???? NepaGuy 8 5,669 11-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Last Post: NepaGuy
  Lawyers wont help me! Why?Texas millerrocks 1 2,538 08-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Work Comp Along With Employer Offered Long Term Disability Insurance? injuredinidaho 15 33,290 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
  Employer obligation for work restrictions and retaliation kimber 2 5,653 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Last Post: kimber
  How long must an employer keep me employed after returning to work? (California) christiev 3 9,351 02-01-2012, 01:00 AM
  Employer Retaliation for Work Comp-Help! bhindgreeneyes 6 12,138 12-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Last Post: gaucli
  IC and employer say I work 11wks waterbird808 5 4,514 06-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Last Post: waterbird808
  Do I Have to Work for Same Employer st. clare 1 2,788 01-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Sad no check since August and lied to by employer and work comp company as to why ecvq28dh 5 6,857 10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Last Post: ecvq28dh
  WI Employer said no work for me after injury dgburns 1 3,219 07-31-2009, 08:44 PM