Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falling Down The Stairs IS Never Good News!
My home is one with a walkout basement. A family room, bedroom, bath, storage room, and the garage is on the lower level.

The upper lever has another family room, kitchen, laundry room, three bedrooms, and two bathrooms, as well as a separate entry way.

Well today I was going down stairs to get Cody's things as the school bus had just pulled up when the left knee, the one with the TKR gave out and I fell down the stairs.

Cody came in the door to find me laying at the bottom of the stairs, I had hit the back of the head, twisted the left hand, the one I just had surgery on, and landed with the left leg bent completely backwards at the knee. This is the leg with the knee replacement.

After calming Cody down I got up and checked myself for new injuries. The head is okay, the hand hurts a little, the left knee is very swollen, and I can not move the left foot at the ankle to walk.

I will give it some time and make make a doctor's appointment if I feel it is needed but I am not saying a word about the knee giving out.

I only received $4,600. with the medical set-aside with CMS approving that amount.

(01-15-2013, 08:20 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: My home is one with a walkout basement. A family room, bedroom, bath, storage room, and the garage is on the lower level.

The upper lever has another family room, kitchen, laundry room, three bedrooms, and two bathrooms, as well as a separate entry way.

Well today I was going down stairs to get Cody's things as the school bus had just pulled up when the left knee, the one with the TKR gave out and I fell down the stairs.

Cody came in the door to find me laying at the bottom of the stairs, I had hit the back of the head, twisted the left hand, the one I just had surgery on, and landed with the left leg bent completely backwards at the knee. This is the leg with the knee replacement.

After calming Cody down I got up and checked myself for new injuries. The head is okay, the hand hurts a little, the left knee is very swollen, and I can not move the left foot at the ankle to walk.

I will give it some time and make make a doctor's appointment if I feel it is needed but I am not saying a word about the knee giving out.

I only received $4,600. with the medical set-aside with CMS approving that amount.

Oh for heaven sakes Bummer, I hope your ok... I dont blame you one bit about not saying a word..

P.S. I know you were in a hurry but next time just slide down them on your butt.....

I will be praying for you BK! Hope you didn't re-injure anything. I know what you mean tho I wouldn't say a word! Good luck with anything!
21 yr old female in Indiana. Left L5,S1 herniated disc w/ nerve root sleeve compression. Micro-Disectomy for L5,S1 left sciatica nerve impingement. Workers Comp SUCKS!

those are some steep stairs,I see on the TV where many of those knees are failing you may need to see your lawyer about it.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

So far my Stryker knee implant is not on the recall list, although the model number is, the lot number is not.

I put a pain patch on the ankle/foot last night and put an ankle brace on to stabilize the ankle then I took a 7.5 mg Loratab. I was able to sleep from 11:00-1:00 am. Going to take a nap this afternoon so I can make it till tonight.

I am able to put a little weight on the foot and needing the cane 24/7 right now. I have not called the doctor on this and do not plan to, with the auto accident this injury would stop everything.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Year Appointment for Husband and Good News Bummer Knees 3 3,103 04-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Good news/bad news, hell who knows monster1963 20 8,675 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Shoulder news. Good or bad I don't have a clue anymore monster1963 5 4,042 07-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: monster1963
  I think Im falling apart bronco54501 1 1,474 04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Good news Bummer Knees 1 2,186 01-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Update on Todd with good news! Bummer Knees 7 4,657 08-01-2011, 10:17 PM
  Kinda good news jayne 4 3,404 03-03-2011, 10:06 AM
  Been Away/Good News UndercovrAngel 5 4,490 10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Good news today. bronco54501 13 8,333 06-15-2010, 10:07 PM