Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darn flu
(01-11-2013, 10:25 PM)jayne Wrote: you keep a good eye on that baby its killing babys and ol folks here in Okla....I have my kids on emergenC a packet every day as well as good handwashing and bleach in the rinse water of the dishes..

We stripped all the bedding out of our room and wiped everything down and aired it out.. He is in our room tonight, I have all his laundry, stuffed animals being washed.. I am in the process of trying to finnish his room and do the dishes up in between resting my back. Austin has brought most of his toys down stairs and has wipped them down.. My wife has allways had a strong imune system so hopefully it stops with us.. It has been about 5 hrs and havnt had any fluids come up or go out, so hopefully this isnt the bad bug everyone else has got.. We called his dr and she wants us to force feed him gatorade at least a ounce every 20 min... Unless he is running a temp or he stops peeing theres no need to bring him in.. The poor little trooper must have puked 15 times today, but seems to be taking it fairly well considering.. I my self am in misery pain wise, but he comes first......

After reading this thread I called the doctor and scheduled Cody for the flu shot. Something I should have done months ago! With Cody's medical problems the last thing he needs is the flu.

Some people say the flu shot is just a hoax, I myself get them faithfully ever since my accident.. My wife, well thats another story because she very seldom gets sick even when everyone else has it she never gets it.. And when she does get the shot she gets sick, go figure.. They dont say you wont get it but it will help so you dont get the full blow..

Dominick still has diarea but has almost stopped, wife and oldest son both were puking thier guts out at 2 am.. My oldest has it the worst and is taking a toll on him, clammy, achy, cold sweats, hot flashes and now running a mild fever 102.. I guess the power of this flu is non stopable and we all got it anyways.. Austins frien came over and I warned him we all are very sick and wouldnt advise comming in, he did anyways.....what a fool, I dont wish this bug on anyone...except ex employer, wc, and 1 bad neighbor..

I am so sorry Bronco we are all doing a packett of emergen C every morning and every night.I have 2 sick right now with fevers and coughs but no throwing up so far.I am fixing lots of beans and soups from whole chickens to get lots of good food into my kids.Altho I know salads are good not good enough right now to protect my babies and honey from this killer flu.Flu shots are bogus I have never believed in them and have never taken one Bill took one had to direct order from the military he got so sick and ended up in the hospital....He doesnt take them now.Flus can be mild or they can be killers we never know.Praying for you Bronco See if one of the Grannies can watch the baby cuz it can go around and get him again.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I am so sorry Bronco we are all doing a packett of emergen C every morning and every night.I have 2 sick right now with fevers and coughs but no throwing up so far.I am fixing lots of beans and soups from whole chickens to get lots of good food into my kids.Altho I know salads are good not good enough right now to protect my babies and honey from this killer flu.Flu shots are bogus I have never believed in them and have never taken one Bill took one had to direct order from the military he got so sick and ended up in the hospital....He doesnt take them now.Flus can be mild or they can be killers we never know.Praying for you Bronco See if one of the Grannies can watch the baby cuz it can go around and get him again.

Thanks Jayne,

I take a multi vitamin daily but I know its not enough, I used to love orange juice but no longer can tollerate it (tears my stomach up).. My wife is feeling much better but is drained from energy, Austin made a bed on the bathroom floor after I cleaned and disinfected everything.. I think he spent 8hrs on that floor before he looked human again.. Dominick is back to his normal except for his stool is still a bit runny.. As far as the grandparents taking him, my parent would in a heart beat but I wont risk my mother getting it it could kill her with her lungs the way they are... Now wifes mother is another story, she talks the talk but when it comes to it were outcasts, and only see them 2 times a year.. When they lived on base in co we visited them more than what we see them now and they live here now... One day she will regret it, and it will be to late for dom, my wife thinks more of my mother than her own...

We will make it through this and hopefully soon it will completely be over.. On the bright side, the sun is out and looks like a summer sky but the temps could fool you... I did manage to find the ideal lot in FL, 3 miles from navarre beach.. Its a 1 acre lot with big pines right off hwy 98 with side rd access right accross is magnolia beach campground.. Its about 20 miles up the coast from destin and 25 miles down from pensicoloa where we used to rv it... It would be smack dab in the middle of all our favorite beaches with the airport just 15 min away.. This land aint through land central, but the owner is willing to finance on a land contract bassis.. I have looked up the zoning and it is recreational so It could have potential for up to 5 rv sites for extra income.. Owner isnt willing to negotiate the price if we do land contract but would sell for $10,000 cash....... Its all a dream right now, but I know my father might jump at the idea of investment...

As soon as our truck is paid off we will buy another plot or 2 cuz you buy site unseen we just dont know till we go down which we will like the best and down the line either resell or give to the kids.The good thing about land is it doesnt go down in value.There is no house on it to go down in value its just land.The one we bought is up in the Nat forest which is good I like trees but not far from the coast or the military bases.

(01-15-2013, 04:02 PM)jayne Wrote: As soon as our truck is paid off we will buy another plot or 2 cuz you buy site unseen we just dont know till we go down which we will like the best and down the line either resell or give to the kids.The good thing about land is it doesnt go down in value.There is no house on it to go down in value its just land.The one we bought is up in the Nat forest which is good I like trees but not far from the coast or the military bases.

My only major concern is the planning and zoning, I have noticed alot of land that is dirt cheap is because of the strict zoning they have in place for the area.. You may get the land cheap but when they restrict you on how and what your house has to look like is when it will cost the most... In all my searches I look for mobile homes accepted and must be recreational with a deeded access rd.. This way you can put in a septic and well without having to build a dwelling. I also use google maps so I can zoom right in and see the property in a birds eye view. Land will never loose its value unless you pay more than its worth or gets washed away....lol.. Before we moved I had bought 12 acres of highly wooded land for 25,000.. We logged off all the soft wood and select cut pine and oak, made 10,000 and then sold the land 4 years later for 55,000.. That was a good $40,000 proffit, but back then my body was capable and had the money to invest..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  darn weather bronco54501 4 1,769 04-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  About darn time. bronco54501 8 4,471 10-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Darn banks bronco54501 4 2,589 03-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Last Post: hamrs_62
  Darn adjuster bronco54501 1 1,592 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Last Post: jayne
  darn neighbors..... bronco54501 1 1,661 01-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Last Post: jayne