Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Hardening HELP
I am a flight attendant and am doing the work hardening program.
My doctor started off with one week of 4 hours a day and now I am doing 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
I broke my ankle 9 months ago. No surgery.
I am the only person doing this 8 hours and other men are coming in with much harder jobs than mine and are in and out in a hour or two.
I am almost healed but this 8 hours is now taking out parts of my body such as my knees.
I don't do half the work they are making me do and the PT says to just keep pushing through.
Please help. I feel like I am in prison Sad

You and your employer tells your dr what your job description is and its duties.. It's up to you and your dr to tell your pt what your job consist of so they can do work hardening detail to your job.. Usually this is slowly worked up starting with 1 to 2 hrs then 3 to 4 and so on.. Try to stick to it because they can say your non compliant Per (wc) and end bennifits.. You may want to contact your dr and tell him of your knees and the hrs, it may be your not ready and he will send a note to lessen the work hardening.. Your place of pt will push you to your limits, some are good about it and some do what ever the ncm/wc wants them to do..

When I went through work hardening they pushed me to the point of re-injuring, my dr was furious and pulled me from that pt and put me somewhere else.. It put me almost 60 days to re heal and get back to where I was phyisically...

Work "hardening" is a scam perpetrated by the PT community to increase revenue and is scientifically baseless. The best work condition ing is done...you guessed it...at work. Discharge yourself before the ill-trained and under-informed actually hurt you seriously. 8 hrs. ? Pro athletes don't even do that ! They have REAL therapists and Drs.

(01-09-2013, 10:52 AM)Livie Wrote: I am a flight attendant and am doing the work hardening program.
My doctor started off with one week of 4 hours a day and now I am doing 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
I am the only person doing this 8 hours and other men are coming in with much harder jobs than mine and are in and out in a hour or two.
I am almost healed but this 8 hours is now taking out parts of my body such as my knees.
I don't do half the work they are making me do and the PT says to just keep pushing through.

Your employer is supposed to supply a written job description listing all of the physical requirements of your position. WH will base their testing from that criteria.

Be careful what you say there, they write EVERYTHING down, and it will come back later and haunt you.

If something is hurting you, tell the therapist in charge of you, and make them modify the exercise, you are not there to be hurt worse.

Work hardening is designed and run by the insurance carriers, and it's purpose is to weed out fakers. It makes no difference to them if you get hurt more, they just want a report. I was told, " my job is to get you in shape".

If you are in the 8 hour days, you have almost completed in your program, and are nearing the end. The reason the other people have a shorter time there, they are behind you time wise. Everyone there has to work up to a forty hour week for several weeks.

Keep in mind, you can be sent back at a later date. When I was there, another person was there for his third visit

8 hours seems like maximum overkill. My job is seriously rough and they only had me 2 hours at a time. If you are working for those 8 hours like I was for the 2 I was there then you should be ready for an ironman competition when you are done.

(01-09-2013, 10:52 AM)Livie Wrote: I am a flight attendant and am doing the work hardening program.

ask your doctor to release you back to work.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

During my work hardening dr said I was not capable of doing the work hardening program due to pain and stiffness. I am supposed to get TTD during the work hardening program and conditioning but have stopped getting checks once the PT office said there is nothing they can do for me. Now what do I do???? Is myy case finally over?

(01-23-2013, 02:49 PM)constantpain Wrote: During my work hardening dr said I was not capable of doing the work hardening program due to pain and stiffness. I am supposed to get TTD during the work hardening program and conditioning but have stopped getting checks once the PT office said there is nothing they can do for me. Now what do I do???? Is myy case finally over?

you should start your own thread as your issue is different from the original post.
the rules are different in each state so your answers could be different.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QUICK HELP - work hardening constantpain 4 5,653 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Work Hardening canceled, Epidural ordered jamboski73 9 15,079 01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: jamboski73
  what is a Work Hardening Program? jamboski73 14 39,815 01-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Last Post: jamboski73
  Work Hardening is OVER!! Lilly 12 13,599 11-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Spring
  What comes after Voc Rehab & work hardening? Lilly 11 12,401 10-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Last Post: imsckofit
  work hardening/ how 2 make MD appmt after MMI? Lilly 6 7,432 09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Last Post: vickinat