Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for my husband
Sounds as if prayers are working.already!

(01-07-2013, 01:38 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: He had an echo done this morning. The aneurysm showed smaller on the echo today than it did on the MRI, that is good news!

He is scheduled for a CT scan on the 28th and returns to the doctor. The size of the aneurysm depends on the treatment, 4.6 cm or larger and he will have open heart surgery. Smaller than that he will be monitored every six months.

He has restrictions, no lifting over 50 lbs, no salt, monitor the BP.

I believe this this is a genetic condition influenced my life styles, there is family history.

I am watching him to make sure he behaves.

That is good new that its smaller, but still sucks that there is one present.. Take care of your hubby as best you can, dont get him to excited....

I really do have to read up on the salt..... Everyone for years have told me to stop using so much.... I love salt more than I like sugary things, salt on this, salt on that, it seems I just cant get enough...

boy howdy Dennis you better watch yourself and Kathy take care of him,prayers coming from Okla for you both
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Well this sure put the scare in him....about time. Sometimes guys think they can treat their body's their own way with no repercussion.

He is not out of the woods yet, if when he has the CT scan on the 28th and the aneurysm is enlarged to 4.6 cm or larger then it is open heart surgery.

Dennis has a lifestyle change ahead of him, he just doesn't know it yet!

So glad that the news is better today. We'll keep praying. Bronco I am one of those girls who would rather have none of something than have something I don't like. So I either eat the full fat mayo or I just skip it. But as far as the salt goes I started doing something about fifteen years ago that has helped me cut my salt intake. I make myself eat the first half of any meal with no salt at all. Then I allow myself to salt the second half of my meal for being such a good girl and eating the first half with no salt. In the beginning I think I may have over salted the second half to make up for the fact that I got none for the first half. Thing is though once you get in the habit of eating the first half (or should I say choking down the first half) with no salt, food starts to taste a little saltier than it used to and I am almost sure I don't even use as much on the second half as I used to use. I have to trick myself into doing the right thing sometimes. I know...I'm pathetic but it really has worked for me.

I bet Dennis is about to become a veg just like Kathy....LOL
I bet Dennis is about to become a veg just like Kathy....LOL

When I lived in Washing State I started using herbs instead of salt. Worked great until I moved to Kansas and picked up Dennis's bad habits.

have Dennis put you in a herb garden.a nice raised bed down by his man cave,then you can cut and hang them to dry right inside you have a beautiful setup there to can also.Bill and I both loved that man cave for very different reasons great place to intertain guests and lets face it everything a man wants to get away from the wife....But for me Great canning kitchen Big sinks lots of counter space easy clean up I envy you....Take care of that man hes a keeper.

have Dennis put you in a herb garden.a nice raised bed down by his man cave,then you can cut and hang them to dry right inside you have a beautiful setup there to can also.Bill and I both loved that man cave for very different reasons great place to intertain guests and lets face it everything a man wants to get away from the wife....But for me Great canning kitchen Big sinks lots of counter space easy clean up I envy you....Take care of that man hes a keeper.

Glad to hear it was smaller but it's still not a good thing. Will keep him in our prayers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how I got my husband to paint the front room Bummer Knees 5 3,678 10-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Update on husband bodybuilder1958 5 3,851 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Requesting prayers for my husband bodybuilder1958 2 2,500 11-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Last Post: monster1963
  Prayers for Bodybuilders Husband Bummer Knees 6 4,187 11-21-2012, 12:43 AM
  Cop pulled gun on husband ammowoman 2 2,579 05-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Praying for my husband's job bodybuilder1958 3 3,272 11-11-2011, 07:59 PM
  A loving husband hurt at work 1 2,511 05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  A CATcerto for Capricorn and her Husband Wink 4 4,162 08-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Last Post: MJC
  Jayne's Husband Update MJC 34 18,065 06-15-2009, 10:46 PM