Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long does employer have to decide if they will honor my accommodations?
I was set at MMI last Thursday, and released with restrictions. My employer was notified the same day. It's now Tuesday, and I have heard nothing about going back to work.

Can I file for unemployment? How long am I expected to sit here with 0 income and wait on if they will or won't put me back to work?

I was released to light duty back in August, and they would not accommodate me. I honestly don't expect them to this time either.

The only thing I have heard from them was the WC person there telling me in an email that she didn't understand why I had permanent restrictions, since I "only" had an arthroscopy.

I know they have 30 days to make a settlement offer, but how long am I to be expected to have no income as my TTD benefits have been stopped?

it takes a few days for unemployment to process a claim and they also notify the employer.
you can file now and if the employer wants to put you back to work they'll let UI know before your claim is approved.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

delete please thanks billy

Thank to both of you for the replies.

I filed my claim today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Work Comp Along With Employer Offered Long Term Disability Insurance? injuredinidaho 15 34,593 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  How long must an employer keep me employed after returning to work? (California) christiev 3 9,827 02-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Letting the Judge decide Bird 2 3,495 06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Sithie
  is there a set time limit to decide a workers comp case after both sides have closed jd9109 1 9,584 08-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Last Post: capricorn