Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wages
hi, my boyfriend is self employed subcontractor, that recently hurt his back (job related). he's been out of work for the past month and since he's self employed workmans comp wants a copy of his tax return and schedule c. he asked why not a copy of my 1099, but workmans comp wants to see the adjusted income. since he's has so many write off's his adjusted income is very low. i told him this wouldn't be a good idea but he's thinking of having somebody do another return and knocking off some of the work expenses so his adjusted income would look somewhat decent so he can @ least cover bills until he returns back to work?

Never,never NEVER lie on a WC claim it will bite you in the butt in the end.they have eyes and spies everywhere not to mention it just isnt right.Stay honest and you have nothing to worry about.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Never,never NEVER lie on a WC claim it will bite you in the butt in the end.they have eyes and spies everywhere not to mention it just isnt right.Stay honest and you have nothing to worry about.

Well Jayne, I see that I am not the only one that is having issues with double posts. After my finals I will try and find out why it is happening.

Jackie, I am with jayne. Don't let him lie or fudge the numbers. He needs to play everything straight forward with WC. Any deceit on his part can be an option for WC to close his claim.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Well Jayne, I see that I am not the only one that is having issues with double posts. After my finals I will try and find out why it is happening.

Jackie, I am with jayne. Don't let him lie or fudge the numbers. He needs to play everything straight forward with WC. Any deceit on his part can be an option for WC to close his claim.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA I believe its because of my Honeys Dell computer if I remember to preview post and not just hit the post reply button it doesnt double post but as you can tell I forget alot

Ya this is a sucky position to be in. For me it was record rainfall for an entire spring that caused my W-2 to reflect that my wages were down 20% for that year but theres really nothing i can do about it. I'd def talk to my attorney though, I doubt he can get you out of having to go by the adjausted income but you never know. Don't lie but also don't give them your schedule c without being forced to otherwise they will base your pay off of that and it will take forever to get any type of back pay if its not correct.

I agree w/ Jayne... Do NOT lie a/b anything, just be honest in the end it will all work out. Anything they can use against you they will... Good luck to you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compensation for lost wages in NC NCgaurdsman 2 1,222 10-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA Alternative Work wages and hours question Poseid Atlantean 4 2,849 07-24-2015, 11:55 PM
  Missing cartilage need help with wages. Chipped 3 2,945 06-07-2013, 01:00 AM
  Pre Injury Wages Cervical_Fusion 1 6,287 11-04-2012, 06:29 PM
  Calculating wages received for teachers Labyrinth 11 19,721 09-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Labyrinth
  legal: waitress wages being debated Theresadirect 5 14,259 09-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Offset of wages freebird 1 4,200 09-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Loss of wages kandikurel 1 3,012 07-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Last Post: jayne
  wages robbie 8 4,599 04-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Wages Compensation ,IL John1 3 3,128 03-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Last Post: hurt at work