Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hospice nurse new to this process
Last August I was t-boned by a driver who ran a red light while she was on her cell phone. I was working my shift, but not actually with a patient yet. I am normally scheduled 110 hours a week to work for this company at a straight hourly rate. Miraculously, I "only" suffered a severe concussion, with peripheral vision loss. After the deposition this week, I learned that I have been investigated for the past few months since the WC claim is in litigation. I had a deposition two days ago and it seems that efforts have really stepped up. This evening, a man drove up in front of my home, asked my husband who was hanging holiday decorations if this was my address, he said yes, and the man said, thanks and began taking pictures of my house right in front of my husband! He drove away and another SUV came up, parked in front of the house and took more pictures. This is at nine o'clock at night. I typically attend therapies and medical appointments that take up about 44 hours a week including travel time. My hearing is not until May of 2013. In thirty years of nursing, I have never taken off for anything except to have babies. I am a confessed workaholic. My only restriction is that I cannot drive, which is a primary function of a hospice nurse. I typically drive about 70,000 miles a year to patients homes. I understand that fraud is rampant and costly to the industry, but do I have any rights? I've been reading that tracking devices are placed on your car. My car is only in my driveway, not on the street. Since the accident we have only one car, and since I haven't been cleared to drive, it's going to be that way for a long time. I am hopeful that I can return to work by the end of February. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I live in Pennsylvania, in a Philadelphia suburb. Thanks!

it's likely the investigators don't how hard a worker you are and how much time you have put in on your job over the years and how dedicated and loyal you are.
there is no personal accusation involved in gathering evidence. if anything the investigation will prove exactly what you think you are: a typical injured worker.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

first you hospice workers rock! you were with me with my Dad and sister they died 7 months apart and without you ladies I would have went stark screaming mad so thank you.As far as the PIs they seem to be like germs everywhere but mostly ineffective if we are following Drs orders.
I personally dont think there are as many PIs out there as we think,yes for the big money cases but for most WC cases it is cut and dried.As long as the PI didnt get a pic of you hanging off the ladder putting up the lights or doing anything the Doc says you cant dont worry.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

first you hospice workers rock! you were with me with my Dad and sister they died 7 months apart and without you ladies I would have went stark screaming mad so thank you.As far as the PIs they seem to be like germs everywhere but mostly ineffective if we are following Drs orders.
I personally dont think there are as many PIs out there as we think,yes for the big money cases but for most WC cases it is cut and dried.As long as the PI didnt get a pic of you hanging off the ladder putting up the lights or doing anything the Doc says you cant dont worry.

Thanks for the support! It's only been two days and I'm feeling harrassed and totally violated. Since my only physical restriction is that I can't drive, as I lost my peripheral vision in the accident, there would be nothing for them to catch if I'm not driving. It's a no brainer that I'm not driving--I certainly don't want to kill myself or some innocent victim on the road! The doctors actually want me to go to the gym and become more active than I've been the past four months but I'm afraid if I do the insurance company will make a big deal about it. Brain injuries are invisible! No survelliance is going to see evidence of it! It's very frustrating. I'm doing everything I possibly can to get back to work ASAP, but looks like final evaluations are the end of February and not going to be moved up. My hearing/trial is May of 2013 and I was told the judge has 18 months to make a decision! I'm just dumbfounded by the whole system/process!

[/quote]

Timothy Belt is a member on here as well as a Pa.lawyer he can tell you more info than we can on your rights in Pa. But mostly just let them do their job and hey call em over to haul in the dog food and give em a cup of coffee.

If they are being this forward, I doubt the expect to catch anything. Instead, they are sending a message that you are being watched. It drives some people nuts, and other people could care less. If you are not violating your restrictions, you have nothing to worry about. Take a deep breath and understand that for you this is your life, but for everyone else involved this is a money game and the adjuster wants the number attached to you to be as close to $0.00 as possible. The injury is going to damage your life, don't let the games destroy it.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

If they are being this forward, I doubt the expect to catch anything. Instead, they are sending a message that you are being watched. It drives some people nuts, and other people could care less. If you are not violating your restrictions, you have nothing to worry about. Take a deep breath and understand that for you this is your life, but for everyone else involved this is a money game and the adjuster wants the number attached to you to be as close to $0.00 as possible. The injury is going to damage your life, don't let the games destroy it.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Hey Timothy just for fun are you on a Dell computer? My husbands Dell always double posts on me unless I remember preview my post then it will single post,just wondering since I see you also have a proble with the double posting.

No. It is an HP. However, I did lose credit for years of posts and have no idea why.

(12-04-2012, 11:58 AM)jayne Wrote: Hey Timothy just for fun are you on a Dell computer? My husbands Dell always double posts on me unless I remember preview my post then it will single post,just wondering since I see you also have a proble with the double posting.

Timothy D. Belt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Expedited hearing process Lostandconfused 6 1,009 11-25-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Process for Settlements in Illinois InjuredinIllinois 8 1,470 11-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Nurse case manager jdx4 24 30,656 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Ongoing Process injured78 1 1,840 09-22-2015, 12:07 PM
  interview process podcast California_Help 0 1,698 06-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workers Comp .. Conciliation Process TinMan21 1 4,414 04-11-2014, 04:54 PM
  Lost in the process A cure for pain 18 9,183 01-29-2014, 01:16 AM
Last Post: A cure for pain
  California IMR process SickOfTheProcess 8 10,016 07-28-2013, 09:50 PM