Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens now?
I am in Tennessee.

I have been down with a knee injury since June of this year. In early September I had an Arthroscopic Chrondroplasty and have endured lots of PT before and after surgery. I had an FCE last week.

Today I was decreed to be at MMI. I was released with permanent restrictions (can't lift or carry over 30 pounds, and can only walk or stand for a total of 6 hours in an 8 hour shift, and the time must be broken up with lots of sitting time. I am a nurse's aid in a hospital, and my surgeon told me to call the Department of Labor, because the hospital will probably fire me when they see the restrictions. I still have lots of pain and a bad limp.

He said he will figure up an impairment rating for me after office hours when he can sit down with the book, and it "will probably be around 5%".

THe NCM said she will submit everything to the claim adjuster and to wait to hear something, which could take 2 weeks. She also said to "be sure to keep future medical open" when I settle. She said she doesn't know if they will keep me on or not, since they would not accomodate light duty 3 months ago when the doc released me to that.

So,is it over? The doc also said he wants to see me back in three months and will do an xray and maybe another MRI at that time.

What do I do at this point? I do not have an attorney.

(11-29-2012, 03:44 PM)cherokeegal Wrote: I am in Tennessee.

I have been down with a knee injury since June of this year. In early September I had an Arthroscopic Chrondroplasty and have endured lots of PT before and after surgery. I had an FCE last week.

Today I was decreed to be at MMI. I was released with permanent restrictions (can't lift or carry over 30 pounds, and can only walk or stand for a total of 6 hours in an 8 hour shift, and the time must be broken up with lots of sitting time. I am a nurse's aid in a hospital, and my surgeon told me to call the Department of Labor, because the hospital will probably fire me when they see the restrictions. I still have lots of pain and a bad limp.

He said he will figure up an impairment rating for me after office hours when he can sit down with the book, and it "will probably be around 5%".

THe NCM said she will submit everything to the claim adjuster and to wait to hear something, which could take 2 weeks. She also said to "be sure to keep future medical open" when I settle. She said she doesn't know if they will keep me on or not, since they would not accomodate light duty 3 months ago when the doc released me to that.

So,is it over? The doc also said he wants to see me back in three months and will do an xray and maybe another MRI at that time.

What do I do at this point? I do not have an attorney.

it's not over as you don't have a rating and you have not been awarded permenent disability benefits or future medical and haven't been paid for the award.
and you don't know what future treatment you'll need or receive.

you need to find out about your job and maybe find another within your restrictions as your temporary disability will stop.
look at your vocational rehabilitation opportunities as well:
http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/empwfd.shtml

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

now you need a lawyer to protect your rights to future medical and to get a decent settlement.Because you are at MMI your checks will stop.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

now you need a lawyer to protect your rights to future medical and to get a decent settlement.Because you are at MMI your checks will stop.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

delete please thanks billy

Thanks for the link, it did answer some questions. I guess I will have to wait to hear from my employer. I did email the WC woman at work today and filled her in. She replied by email asking: "I don’t understand why you will have permanent restrictions with this? You just had a scope right? If that is the case—that is an HR issue as far as the accommodations go! Once I get them—I will get with them!" I fully expect to be let go, and mentioned that to the NCM today at the office. She said, "Don't worry, but if they do, you'll get more in your settlement!"

Jayne,

Do I really need a lawyer?

Aren't settlement amounts determined by some formula with specific information? It it truly goes by that, how can even an attorney get me more?

HurtBack,

Guess it's hurry up and wait now.

delete please thanks billy