Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA: Motion to Compel to see a QME/AME
My state is California. The insurance adjuster has been trying to set up appointments for me to see a AME or QME doctor since I already reached my maximum improvement status. I have cancelled the appointment with the doctor I believe 3 or 4 times because every time they have set me up to see this guy either I am working or out of town. I have had some family emergencies too. I always gave the adjuster ample notice to cancel and reschedule. I have had I think 3 or 4 different adjusters too so seems like no one communicates to the other. Anyhow, I received in the mail from the Employer's attorneys a copy of a Motion to Compel which they filed in court to compel me to see this doctor stating that I am a no show and billing me for missed appointments. I always cancelled and in fact returned the checks for travel in which the adjuster sent to me. This latest check they sent me, I still haven't cashed. They set yet another appointment date, etc. no ruling from the judge yet I guess its just a motion right now. My question is this, I have no desire to go see this doctor. I don't care to get a penny from workers comp. I have other more important things to worry about than money from them. I work and that is good enough for me. What do I do about this to get them off my back or do I need to address this with the Court. I have not had any treatments for over a year, I have not collected any money since I returned to work in 2010. I wish they would leave me alone. Please advise.

your claim is litigated.
do you have an atty or are you representing yourself?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-28-2012, 07:09 PM)1171 Wrote: your claim is litigated.
do you have an atty or are you representing yourself?

Hello. I had an attorney in the beginning then I dismissed him when I found out his goal was for me was for me not to return back to my job. So, I am on my own.

If you really want to drop it, contact the local I&A officer at the board and request assistance with a request to dismiss. I would suggest you file for a dismissal without prejudice in the event anything further happens.

(11-28-2012, 09:17 PM)Woodlawn Wrote: If you really want to drop it, contact the local I&A officer at the board and request assistance with a request to dismiss. I would suggest you file for a dismissal without prejudice in the event anything further happens.
my advice exactly.

hopefully formal atty dismissal was filed.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-28-2012, 09:17 PM)Woodlawn Wrote: If you really want to drop it, contact the local I&A officer at the board and request assistance with a request to dismiss. I would suggest you file for a dismissal without prejudice in the event anything further happens.

Thank you for the good advice. My only question is if I file for the dismissal will my doctors that treated me get paid. I don't want to be responsible for any payments to the doctor if workers comp wont pay them because I drop the case.
(11-28-2012, 09:24 PM)1171 Wrote:
my advice exactly.

hopefully formal atty dismissal was filed.

Hello 1171. Yes I filed a formal dismissal of the attorney about a year ago. I got the forms through the worker comp website and filed it with the court. The attorney then filed a lien for his services if there would be a settlement. I am most concerned that my doctors wont get paid if I dismiss the case. I haven't had any doctors treatments for over a year but the doctor brings me in once a month to ask me how I am doing. Will there be any liabilities for dismissing the case as far as medical bills being paid?

yes, there certainly could be.
if you want them to pay for the medical benefits, you have to cooperate with their request for a QME.
can't have it both ways.

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motion's filed maxxer2012 1 1,919 10-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Last Post: 1171
  repetitive motion injury - question concerned friend 8 6,686 06-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Last Post: 1171