Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have no idea what is going on?
Hello new guy here from Texas.Big Grin
About a month ago I hurt my back at work.. I was sent to a doctor (Concentra) after a talk with me they diagnosed me with a lumbar strain. I was in so much pain at the time I could not walk, put clothes on by myself do anything. I felt this was a incorrect diagnoses from the get go and repeatedly asked for a MRI which was never done. They gave me pain pills and set me up with physical therapy.. Well for 3 weeks I sat at home doing stretches and other things (per the doctor) at home to try and help myself because the physical therapy place had a 3 week backlog before they could see me. As time went by I started feeling better most days. But still had this small pain in my lower back. As of a few days ago I finally made it in to therapy. And that day she asked me if I was hurting and I explained to them no.. not today. I explained to her that my pack has felt better the last few days except for a small pain in my lower back.. They basically said there was no reason for me to be there and sent me on my way... Well the next day I was in pain again..was hell getting out of bed and so on. I seen the doctor yesterday again for my follow up who basically told me since I didn't do therapy that meant I was fine and able to go back to work and she cleared me... So this morning my back is hurting again sharp pains like before..I can barley walk and have been cleared for work.. I'm scared that something Is really wrong with my back and they just shuffled me in and out.

Do you have personal insurance?if so go to them and ask for a MRI..Talk to your primary care Doc and tell him just what you told us and ask for a MRI if he finds something he can then send you back to them,or you can go to a lawyer and try but I think your PCP is the best bet.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

ask the insurance carrier to change doctors or for a second opinion.
if it was a serious problem, it wouldn't spontaneously go away.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Well now it all changes... went back to work this morning and was " laid off" first day back.....

ahhhhhhhhh normal BS get a lawyer
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Get to a doctor that will help and find a good lawyer, you are going to need both

Sounds like the normal game that is played on us injured... Well you can collect unemployment, but thats a far cry of what you were making.. Like the others have said, get a second oppinion and seek out for a good wc attorney...

Its a game to those that suffer from zero pain and most attorneys does expect more while ee the injured have nothing to give to me were just tossed to the side once we become injured and damaged goods.
Ann Cubie

I agree and disagee with 1171. It is very rare for me to disagree with 1171.

First off, the medical coverage for the injury continues whether you are working for the company or not. In Texas, that is for life. My injury dates back 2005 and I still see two drs. every 120 days. If you have not hired an attorney yet. Then I would follow tha advice from 1171 and contact the IC for a change in drs.. If you have hired an attorney, then the attorney will advise you what to do next.

As far as me disagreeing with 1171, some injuries injuries can just start and stop. I am thinking about the shattered disc fragments that were pressing on my spinal cord. There were days that I was fine and then there were days that I was not. It all depended on the position of the fragments.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I agree and disagee with 1171. It is very rare for me to disagree with 1171.

First off, the medical coverage for the injury continues whether you are working for the company or not. In Texas, that is for life. My injury dates back 2005 and I still see two drs. every 120 days. If you have not hired an attorney yet. Then I would follow tha advice from 1171 and contact the IC for a change in drs.. If you have hired an attorney, then the attorney will advise you what to do next.

As far as me disagreeing with 1171, some injuries injuries can just start and stop. I am thinking about the shattered disc fragments that were pressing on my spinal cord. There were days that I was fine and then there were days that I was not. It all depended on the position of the fragments.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone have any idea if WC can do this? RootsGal 1 1,382 03-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 8 3,483 12-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 0 1,075 12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Stupid Knees
  Any idea, Please help BackPain2011 7 5,658 05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Last Post: BackPain2011
  Idea's of what I should look for in a settlement Hurt medic 2 1,990 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  I have no idea what WC is or what to do? Advice please!! Hferna 2 3,066 07-13-2012, 11:21 AM
  ic offered a low amount.was choosing a hearing date a good idea? str8active 16 18,085 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
  I really have no idea what's going on and could use some help. Stahi 2 3,208 12-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Stahi
  Stepping down at work before WC surgery...bad idea??? NVworker 3 3,101 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Last Post: NVworker
  Wyoming - No idea what to do danshu15 13 6,859 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Lilly