Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had phone interview
I also have just about given up on driving,I am just not comfortable anymore and I am not going to put anyones life in danger just so I can drive
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I can't imagine giving up driving.

There are times I do not drive, like the first couple of weeks after the hand surgery, just wasn't safe to drive. But I did do a test run and after that started driving.

It was about 2 weeks after the neck surgery before I started drive and the same with with the knee replacement. Did a test run after both surgeries before I started driving.

Part of my wedding vows was.......and thou shall have a care.

I can't imagine giving up driving.

There are times I do not drive, like the first couple of weeks after the hand surgery, just wasn't safe to drive. But I did do a test run and after that started driving.

It was about 2 weeks after the neck surgery before I started drive and the same with with the knee replacement. Did a test run after both surgeries before I started driving.

Part of my wedding vows was.......and thou shall have a car.

I drove for awhile Kathy but as the disc keep busting and a constant headache anymore I am very seldom not on narcs anymore.I will never take a chance with anyone elses life and thats what I would do if I was driving.Its just not worth it to me.I feel I am in control but am I? I wont take that chance

I understand Jayne.

I do go thru periods where I do not drive when the pain gets high and I have to take meds.

I saw the hand surgeon this afternoon and hurt enough I should have taken pain meds but I had to drive to Wichita to the appointment. The nurse took the BP, then took it again.. BP was 159/82 with the norm for me being 80/60.

The second year after injury I started back driving.. By that time I was off oxxy and just taking vicodin when needed... To me vicodin was a supper IBU, no side effects but pain started getting worse and worse.. Soon I was on oxxy again, didnt really feel impaired but noise sensitive and headaches and it limited me so I didnt drive uinless I had too.. Then to percocets for a while and now morhine which is awsome for pain but really makes me tired.. Like Jayne, I would not rest easy if I took another life because of my narcotic use.. I choose to stay away from driving besides on my property, while doped up.. If need be I stall my morning dosages if I have no way to get a ride and I think it was only 1 time this summer...

He very rarely drives. If he does its a trip to the corner. I drive him to all appts. If Hes going to be in the car for some time or sitting in a waiting room he needs his meds. Our bedroom is upstairs so usually needs meds just to get downstairs. He will not go back up the steps till time for bed. Even with the meds he spends most his time on the couch flipping from side to side. Now that the cold weather is starting his pain levels are going to get even worse. How can they say you are able to drive? I won't let him use the stove.

Yesterday at the appointment with the surgeon they were running 45 minutes late.
I sat in the waiting room for almost an hour before the nurse called my name.

I wonder how much the high BP had to do with the time I spent in the waiting room?

Wc would say you could drive even if your blind, its just a game they play.. I can remember my ncm arguing with my dr before they released me to work about driving while on narcotics... There are tests that check for impairment i believe from the D.O.T. , but my dr shut her down.. They may clear you from impairment but if by chance thier is a accident you will be blamed..

Bummer, lets face it waiting room chairs are not that comfortable.. When I have to wait my pain levels start climbing and bp goes right up with it... My dr checks mine as soon as I get in the room and then just before I leave`and the difference is about 20/10.. They can blame it on many factors but we believe its the additional pain from the wait and the pre-longed sitting...

and snotty nosed screaming kids and hoping like hell you dont catch what ever is going around in the waiting room cuz it hurts like hell to cough when you have cervical and back injuries......a Drs waiting room is a dangerous place for us

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My job interview yesterday bodybuilder1958 1 2,156 10-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Job interview Thursday bodybuilder1958 5 3,266 04-25-2012, 03:15 PM
  Phone interview that never happened bodybuilder1958 2 3,530 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Received phone call, son qualifies for a wavier slot Bummer Knees 4 3,431 10-04-2011, 05:12 PM
  memorial day/video interview with my cousin sonny1 1 2,745 05-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AQA
  phone call jayne 5 5,576 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Which Phone I should Buy kaistenolee 10 6,731 10-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  New Cell Phone Question chrischris 7 5,783 11-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Got a phone call on the ticket to work program Bummer Knees 8 10,126 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Last Post: red1030
  My Personal Blog - The Phone Company Made Me Do It admin 19 15,557 07-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Tuffy