Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had phone interview
Today was the day for the vocational interview for my employers attorney... He was very polite and pleasent to talk with, but professional at the same time.. The whole conversation lasted 75min. On several occasions while he was reading the reports from wc drs I stopped him and told him that is a lie.. On one occasion we were discussing the offer from my employer to work under the restrictions of thier dr.. I again told him thats a lie, he did get sturn with his voice and said, "look I usually do these reports for attorneys with a injured client, but this one was hired by the employers ins." But he did ask me to explain why I felt this way... Basically I was brief on telling him what thier ime dr wrote and how my employer was going to accomadate for my restrictions by loading my truck and then on my own after leaving the loading area...

I realize and respect that he had a job to do, but wasnt going to leave things unsaid when being questioned.. He actually asked me theroyedically (spelling), if the pain level was 0 and I had no pain would I be willing to train for another type of work...... WOW.... I said " Really, i think if I had no pain we wouldnt even be going through this conversation and I would still be working.....

Anyways, there was alot talked about while he looked through my medical records.. He did say, even with the wc ime dr's restrictions my earning capacity is severly impacted. But we will see what he writes in his report when he finnishes it....... Now to wait to the end of nov to see thier quack again so he can finnish it.....

Bronco I was sent to Voc Rehab Counselor by my attorney.

On the first page on the report he documented he had read my medical reports and listed the doctors and dates of the reports.

He listed my age and education history.

He listed the IME report information from the doctor my attorney sent me to, (most recent) along with restristions from his doctor.

The he listed the restrictions received from other IME's, (5 others were listed).

Next work task were listed and broken down in a chart to show each IME doctor with a yes/no answer. Then I was given a rating of task loss by each doctor.

Wage loss was listed. Mine was 100% as I was not working and had lost my job.

The next part of the report listed:

A task loss sheet of my last 3 jobs, (15 years of employment) was listed.
Example:
Task-
Assist children with minor or major health issues and notify parent and emergency personnel as needed. Physical requirement: frequent reaching, handling, standing, walking with occasional stooping, kneeling, lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs.

The Counselor closed the report with the following:

Wage loss - 100% not currently
Task loss 85%
Task loss + wage loss =92.50%

In reviewing (IME Doctor's) restrictions you have an individual limited to sedentary lifting with the need to change positions as needed for comfort. She has right hand grasping limited to an occasional basis. All of these restrictions combine to render her incapable of competing for work in the open labor marker.

Very intresting Bummer, I personally have not seen my attorneys vocational experts report.. Just off of what my attorney said he stated like yours 100% wage loss and said low 90% for functionability... I am sure once the ins companies expert does his there will be a big difference in oppinions... Like I said in an earlier post, thier expert comes highly recomended by both employer and injured sides.. I am hopeing he cant be bought on his decisions... I did how ever find out he was the same age as me and also born in the same month... He did comment, he wouldnt know what he would do at our age if he could no longer work.... I told him to get injured and find out how we are treated and let someone else decide your outcome......lol... He did laugh a bit but he had a job to do as well.

I was appointed a Vocational Rehab worker by WC Insurance Company. I was PISSED. I met with this guy in front of my Attorney and I gave him the big time cold shoulder. He finally said Mr. -------- there is no job for you with your restrictions. We will go thru the process and everybody gets paid. He said he was extremely surprised that the IC pursued this claim in this manner.

I met with this guy once a month for 12 months. Not once did I fill out a Resume or fill out a application. The meetings were at my Attorneys office and lasted maybe 10 minutes average.

It was a joke but he was right, we all got paid.

After vocational rehab. I was sent for my final IME by the IC and He found me PTD.

It is a screwed up system.

My husbands appt with the psych dr last week seemed to go ok. It was to last 4-6hrs. We were there 7 1/2 hrs. When we got there we went right back. He had to use the restroom so I was there alone for a few min. She asked me how I was doing. I told her its probably best not to ask me questions because I would have a breakdown and needed to be composed when he got back in the room. He didn't need to be made to feel worse than he all ready did. Gave her a brief overview... Hurt, rushed to work at 8 weeks, laid off when reached MMI and not received any money since from them.

She interviewed him for 2 hrs. He kept getting off track like he does. I tried to keep him on task but finally told her she just has to reel him back in. She finally said she had to because she still had a lot of questions left. She finally started doing it herself. Then the rest of the time was spent reading questions and filling in the circle for the answer. It was a long day for both of us. He rushed out of there so fast he forgot his gel pad he had just sit on for almost 8 hrs.

She seemed to be good but we have to wait for the report. I really dont see how you can "know" anything in that short of a time. He has his vocational appt with the insurance company next Tuesday. I guess we'll see how that goes. I think our attorney has used good dr's with good reputations so the insurance company is doing the same. I'm not saying that they will agree but I do think it makes a difference. This may be the same with you as well.

I do have a question as well.... The attorney called to say the insurance company offered to cover his Xanax (sp). Why? Yes they should be but why out of the blue almost a yr and a half after he got put on it do they offer!?!? They not only owe us for paying for it as well and all the extra anti depressants and sleeping pills, but they should be reimbursing my insurance company! Since he reached MMI he has had 2 pain mgmt appts and his meds covered by them. All the psych stuff we have covered. They have done nothing to try to help him.

(10-18-2012, 07:29 PM)ammowoman Wrote: My husbands appt with the psych dr last week seemed to go ok. It was to last 4-6hrs. We were there 7 1/2 hrs. When we got there we went right back. He had to use the restroom so I was there alone for a few min. She asked me how I was doing. I told her its probably best not to ask me questions because I would have a breakdown and needed to be composed when he got back in the room. He didn't need to be made to feel worse than he all ready did. Gave her a brief overview... Hurt, rushed to work at 8 weeks, laid off when reached MMI and not received any money since from them.

She interviewed him for 2 hrs. He kept getting off track like he does. I tried to keep him on task but finally told her she just has to reel him back in. She finally said she had to because she still had a lot of questions left. She finally started doing it herself. Then the rest of the time was spent reading questions and filling in the circle for the answer. It was a long day for both of us. He rushed out of there so fast he forgot his gel pad he had just sit on for almost 8 hrs.

She seemed to be good but we have to wait for the report. I really dont see how you can "know" anything in that short of a time. He has his vocational appt with the insurance company next Tuesday. I guess we'll see how that goes. I think our attorney has used good dr's with good reputations so the insurance company is doing the same. I'm not saying that they will agree but I do think it makes a difference. This may be the same with you as well.

I do have a question as well.... The attorney called to say the insurance company offered to cover his Xanax (sp). Why? Yes they should be but why out of the blue almost a yr and a half after he got put on it do they offer!?!? They not only owe us for paying for it as well and all the extra anti depressants and sleeping pills, but they should be reimbursing my insurance company! Since he reached MMI he has had 2 pain mgmt appts and his meds covered by them. All the psych stuff we have covered. They have done nothing to try to help him.

I dont understand that either, why now and not other meds that your ins is covering... There are stats that they could be penalized under when it all un folds... With my case, my employer has not answered the request for readiness and is 2 months past the aplication for hearing... The state has now got involved and demanded a answer with in 20 days... My attorney has said they are already getting slapped with bad faith penalties in which I will recieve from thier stupidity...

I can honestly say I hope they keep screwing off, I am revengfull and when and once settled I am going to turn my ex boss in to the company for playing with sales records.. I wont do it before because she will find a way to fire my wife before she is removed....

I look forward to putting this wc garbage behind me, I want my life back without anyuthing hanging over my head...

I am revengful and angry as well. We have always been the ~s°°°~ happens type. Move on. They don't allow you to. Your forced to get a attorney and pay attorney fees...yes I believe they are worth it. They do try and starve you and make you loose everything. If not for this site I would not of known what to do. When his employer was at the hospital with me and acting strange on calls I decided to do my own research and found this site. Even knowing what to expect in advance, I'm still angry. Then I get angry that they made me that way. I'm not sure if the personal injury suit has anything to do with the fact they are offering to pay for his meds all the sudden or what caused this sudden change. They have never done anything in his best interest or health. A motion to dismiss was filed by them and it goes before the judge next month. The attorney seem confident it will proceed but you Cant help worrying about some loophole that was overlooked. I think the fact they have done nothing along with the personal injury suit now moving they are trying to look like they have "taken care of him". I think if if goes to trial, which we will do if need be...its too little TOO LATE!

The employer is going to go to court and attempt to dismiss but the judge is just going to get mad over their attempt and take them down.

This reminds me of my employer's attorney every time we went to court they were makings motions and throwing out excuses why they should not be responsible for my injury.

In my case the judge would get mad and just make things worse for the employer.

In the end all those motions to dismiss and low dollar settlement offers did the employer no good. I received a settlement on the higher end for my state of Kansas.

He had his appt with the IC's vocational "expert" yesterday. Not a good visit. I expected it though. I guess that's what depositions are for. He hadn't even gone over his medical records before he got there and didn't ask about all the meds Hes on. When the oxy was mentioned by my husband and the fact I drive him he asked if anyone told him not to drive on it..... seriously?!?! I believe it states it on the bottle! I expect a not so favorable report.

Oh yeah, they do try to pull that trick.. The problem is, unless the dr puts no driving while on narcotics its not a work restriction.. My drs took care of that right away by writing no driving while taking narcotics... This left a window open for me to drive if needed as long as I didnt take my meds... But I dont drive anymore, my wife is my taxi because I can see them trying to use that against me..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My job interview yesterday bodybuilder1958 1 2,156 10-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Job interview Thursday bodybuilder1958 5 3,266 04-25-2012, 03:15 PM
  Phone interview that never happened bodybuilder1958 2 3,530 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Received phone call, son qualifies for a wavier slot Bummer Knees 4 3,431 10-04-2011, 05:12 PM
  memorial day/video interview with my cousin sonny1 1 2,745 05-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AQA
  phone call jayne 5 5,576 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Which Phone I should Buy kaistenolee 10 6,731 10-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  New Cell Phone Question chrischris 7 5,783 11-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Got a phone call on the ticket to work program Bummer Knees 8 10,126 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Last Post: red1030
  My Personal Blog - The Phone Company Made Me Do It admin 19 15,557 07-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Tuffy