Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Attorney communication after claim closed!
I'm frustrated out of my mind right now! I received notice of closure on my claim on 9/26/12 I received the first installment of the settlement on 9/28/12 I have not received a call or any notice from my attorney until today 9/11/12 stating "as soon as they get all of my medical records they will write me and I can then make an appointment to discuss the settlement" The first installment was very little due to over payment. It states; I can take the whole amount in a lump sum by request. I've made several calls to my Attorneys office and have spoken to his paralegal, she informed me not to take a lump sum before we can appeal it. My family is in a desperate financial situation, I'm only working four hours a day until my employer can find another suitable position for me. After over a year of tiny pay checks and my wife's unemployment we are in bad shape. I'm trying to save my home...we have debt's galore, plus I have to make decisions about my employment. I'm so frustrated with the lack of communication from my Attorney, I'm thinking of signing over for the lump sum regardless. I don't even know how I'm supposed to pay my Attorneys fee from this. It's going on three weeks now with no help from my Attorney... has anyone else been in this situation? I would appreciate very much if someone could help shed some light on this. Thanks Sad

(10-12-2012, 01:00 AM)fredsong Wrote: I'm frustrated out of my mind right now! I received notice of closure on my claim on 9/26/12 I received the first installment of the settlement on 9/28/12 I have not received a call or any notice from my attorney until today 9/11/12 stating "as soon as they get all of my medical records they will write me and I can then make an appointment to discuss the settlement" The first installment was very little due to over payment. It states; I can take the whole amount in a lump sum by request. I've made several calls to my Attorneys office and have spoken to his paralegal, she informed me not to take a lump sum before we can appeal it. My family is in a desperate financial situation, I'm only working four hours a day until my employer can find another suitable position for me. After over a year of tiny pay checks and my wife's unemployment we are in bad shape. I'm trying to save my home...we have debt's galore, plus I have to make decisions about my employment. I'm so frustrated with the lack of communication from my Attorney, I'm thinking of signing over for the lump sum regardless. I don't even know how I'm supposed to pay my Attorneys fee from this. It's going on three weeks now with no help from my Attorney... has anyone else been in this situation? I would appreciate very much if someone could help shed some light on this. Thanks Sad

contact some other comp attys in the area and see if switching attys is a better option.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attorney told me to cash out claim and use own health insurance wcthaway 2 425 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Can my defense attorney obtain records from my psychiatrist for my non-psych claim? caworkerscompqs 2 415 01-30-2019, 01:05 AM
  CRPS Case Closed krodrio 3 820 01-18-2019, 03:39 PM
  no calls, no communication tnicholson3 16 6,389 10-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Last Post: tnicholson3
  total disability with closed period of time???? mpt1227 1 3,673 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
  Adjuster says claim is closed AxedmyAtty 4 5,867 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: AxedmyAtty
  Independent Medical exam after case closed georgia-back 14 18,827 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
  WC Claim case closed or not? misskirby 7 10,497 10-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Last Post: gba2011
  Will I jeopardize my workers compensation claim if I file a personal injury claim for wanttowork 3 17,003 03-27-2011, 02:07 AM
  Just found out today they closed my case last month & I was not notified by anyone! Sunshine7 26 23,296 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: angels72