Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Index finger on right hand
My husband had to have his right hand index finger amutated down to the knuckle.This was do to a work injury. We are now confused and not sure what to do. We were told by several people that he will be recieving a check? But do we want to cash this? What does this mean? We are in the State of PA. We just want to make sure that if we cash this... it does not affect his medical bill's that the employer is responsible for. We have talked about seeing a Lawyer but right now we can't afford to even look at the phone book to find one. Since I was recently laid off of work myself. I tryed searching info on line and came up with nothing..

It will not cost you anything to consult with a work comp attorney. Just make sure the attorney specializes in workers compensation.

The check likely is for wage loss but best to verify this.

(10-10-2012, 11:07 AM)melglad Wrote: My husband had to have his right hand index finger amutated down to the knuckle.This was do to a work injury. We are now confused and not sure what to do. We were told by several people that he will be recieving a check? But do we want to cash this? What does this mean? We are in the State of PA. We just want to make sure that if we cash this... it does not affect his medical bill's that the employer is responsible for. We have talked about seeing a Lawyer but right now we can't afford to even look at the phone book to find one. Since I was recently laid off of work myself. I tryed searching info on line and came up with nothing..

if your husband is loosing time from work or has lost time then workers compensation insurance will make disability payments until he is released by the doctor to return to work.
he can cash these and his medical treatment will still be covered.

more here on workers compensation in pennsylvania:
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...715&mode=2
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Timothy Belt is a member on here and is also a Pa. Lawyer you are in a bit of luck. I suggest you PM him
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Your husband is entitled to a specific loss benefit without regard to loss of earning power and even if he loses no time from work. You would be best served to contact an attorney to make sure he is receiving everything he is entitled to; most attorneys will discuss this matter with you free of charge, so dont let that issue stop you from protecting your rights.

I would agree that most workers' compensation attorneys will meet with you initially free of charge and they will only receive a fee if they obtain additional money for your husband, so there is no down side in making the call. I don't know your physical location, but Frank Lafferty is located in the Lemoyne area. I trust his judgment, and I personally have referred clients to him in that geographic area. I am located more in the NE corner of PA, and would be happy to help. Furthermore, if you are located somewhere else in the state, I am sure that Frank or I would be able to point you to a competent workers' compensation attorney in your area. If you would like a few names, please feel free to contact either of us through a direct PM.

I would agree that most workers' compensation attorneys will meet with you initially free of charge and they will only receive a fee if they obtain additional money for your husband, so there is no down side in making the call. I don't know your physical location, but Frank Lafferty is located in the Lemoyne area. I trust his judgment, and I personally have referred clients to him in that geographic area. I am located more in the NE corner of PA, and would be happy to help. Furthermore, if you are located somewhere else in the state, I am sure that Frank or I would be able to point you to a competent workers' compensation attorney in your area. If you would like a few names, please feel free to contact either of us through a direct PM.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impairment rating for missing middle finger tip ky tonyayounger72 2 2,595 03-16-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CT - Full-Thickness Laceration Of the left ring finger -Workmans Comp Procedures? systemviper 4 9,925 11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Colorado, Hand Injury, Disfigurement Sueinthemountains 2 1,685 02-03-2017, 01:28 PM
  partial amputation of pinky finger G_Smith 2 5,208 02-15-2015, 01:02 PM
  Amputated finger Frankz1961 15 22,326 12-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Sad Company negligence cost my index finger bigtruckhank 1 4,672 10-08-2014, 07:56 PM
  Don't want hand surgery coyfish727@gmail.com 2 3,402 04-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Hand Injury Involving Middle Finger Tendon Razortceps 1 9,910 02-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Sad Lost a finger at work scratchman28 7 23,210 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Last Post: sonny1
  rt hand contusion cshurelds 4 6,800 06-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: socal