Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voucher and MSA
State is California

I was in court in April and the judge approved of the rating. He asked about a voucher I am to use for retraining. The defense attorney stated that he has the voucher sitting on his desk and the judge said to get it sent to me. Six months later, I have not received it. I asked my attorney why and he said he keeps calling and no one has got back to him (apparently for 6 months now). If he told the judge he has it, can I just go to his office and pick it up? I lost out on fall classes and want to get a jump on the winter ones.

Also, back in January the MSA was given to the insurance company and they did not approve of the amount. When the judge agreed in April to the rating and the payment on the back end of the settlement to my lawyer, he noted that the MSA is getting reviewed. My attorney said he is not involved in that process as either the insurance company has to pay it or it gets adjusted. What is the time frame they have as it has now been 9 months since they wanted it 'reviewed'?

Thanks.

yes you can arrange with the defense atty to pickup the voucher.
there is no time frame for the federal government to approve a Medicare setaside agreement.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Here in Kansas I had a settlement hearing then months later a 2nd hearing for the judge to approve the MSA

do you have family that could go bay and pick up the voucher for you?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voucher & RTW Offer Proud2bme 3 1,248 06-25-2019, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Proud2bme
  California voucher post SB863 California_Help 0 2,364 07-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Last Post: California_Help
MyBB Supplemental job displacment voucher Question? lizdawiz82 4 6,408 07-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Education voucher One day at a time 4 3,989 08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Last Post: jayne