Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a question?
Question 
Hello just wanted to see if I can report a "school" that i gave my SJD voucher to for telling the insurance company that they gave me classes that they never gave me? I can't find anything on the internet About the SJDV, so i wanted to see if anyone knows any info on here. The "school" said they where going to give me 2 classes and that i would receive one in my email and get a call from a tutor and it never happened, so i'm kinda upset that they would lie to me. Thanks

sorry liz I am lost
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(10-08-2012, 02:43 PM)jayne Wrote: sorry liz I am lost

Haha..umm what i meant to say was i signed up with a school that took my supplemental job displacement voucher but they never gave me the classes i signed up for , they just got paid and i never got trained for anything. So iI wanted to know if I could report them for fraud or something or get my voucher back from them?

I would you bet your bippy
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(10-08-2012, 02:03 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: Hello just wanted to see if I can report a "school" that i gave my SJD voucher to for telling the insurance company that they gave me classes that they never gave me? I can't find anything on the internet About the SJDV, so i wanted to see if anyone knows any info on here. The "school" said they where going to give me 2 classes and that i would receive one in my email and get a call from a tutor and it never happened, so i'm kinda upset that they would lie to me. Thanks

if the school is billing falsely and received payment for services they did not perform it is insurance fraud.
notify the carrier or employer.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am unfamilure with what "SJDV" stands for. However; I am familure with going to school after an injury. In hopes of rejoining the work force. I would not an will not allow anything / anyone to jepordize the schooling. I would report the situation to anyone that I think is appropriate. Be honest and forth coming with all information.

Take care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

(10-08-2012, 11:52 PM)AQA Wrote: I am unfamilure with what "SJDV" stands for. However; I am familure with going to school after an injury. In hopes of rejoining the work force. I would not an will not allow anything / anyone to jepordize the schooling. I would report the situation to anyone that I think is appropriate. Be honest and forth coming with all information.

Take care

Supplemental Job Displacement Voucher, I got $10'000 in a paper voucher to use for retraining. I signed up with a school that was recommended by my lawyer after my case was settled, iI thought they were legit but are trying to pocket money from my voucher. I don't know who to report them to Insurance company? Lawyer?

(10-14-2012, 11:56 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: Supplemental Job Displacement Voucher, I got $10'000 in a paper voucher to use for retraining. I signed up with a school that was recommended by my lawyer after my case was settled, iI thought they were legit but are trying to pocket money from my voucher. I don't know who to report them to Insurance company? Lawyer?

both.
also DWC and/or department of Insurance.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Unfortunately, that is not all that uncommon. I would let the carrier know, and the Department of Insurance. You'll need to be specific as to what the issue is. It might be worth contacting the DWC's SJDB unit and see what their recommendations are.

You may also want to check to see if the school is accredited here- http://www.bppe.ca.gov/

Report them asap.... But now I must ask, did you recieve any funds for travel expenses for school... If you have and have not attended you may also feel the down draft...