Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jury Duty
Today I get a letter from the County Sheriffs Office..I have been pulled for jury duty...in Sept.........Is this something I can sit through. Will they let me sit there and eat narcotics and say they are guilty,,,,they are guilty as hell your judgeship...LOL.....What do you guys think about at least trying to sit...and due the american thinng...
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I would love to sit on the jury I have to have a recliner and a heating pad,and because my mouth stays dry I need water with me at all times and lots of bathroom breaks....Ahh hell they would never let me....Do you know I have never been called for jury duty....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Twice I have received summons for jury duty. Both times I completed an enclosed form and received a letter from the courts that I would be excused from jury duty.

Once was when Cody was young and experiencing many medical problems, another time was for a trial in which my brother in law was one of the sheriff officers involved in the trial.

This is the first time I have ever been called...I would love to do it... but I am not sure I can sit there all day....I have not filled out the packet and mailed it back in yet.....But I think I would love to do this... but not sure if my body can do it.. I hve to take a a4 hr nap just to get through the day... and then there is the drugs and the need to move around .. and not stay in one place very long.. I am not sure what to do...
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I was called quite often when in Cali. I was always called the night before like it said and was never needed according to the recording. I haven't received a single one since being in Texas. My attention span is about the size of a gnat these days. Not to mention ll the physical stuff lol

My wife was sent paper work twice to be on the jury. Once was about a year after I started my juorney with WC. The questionaire asked if she knew anyone that was hurt on the job?? Well that took care of that one.

The second time she actually had to go and sit in the jury area and was asked questions. She was dismissed. I wounder if it had anything to due with one of my baseball hats that she was wearing??

It showed a picture of an electric chair and said, "JUSTICE, REGULAR OR EXTRA CRISPY".

Keep in mind folks. This is TEXAS,where we have the electric chair and as RON WHITE says "Were not afraid to use it".
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

CF just state the facts on the form, let them know you are willing to do this although you require special accommodations.

I use to serve on our county's local ADA Advisory board. We did a walk thru and evaluation of the courthouse, then worked on recommendations to bring the building and programs into compliance.

Our courthouse is historical with many accommodations were needed to bring it into compliance with ADA.

Bringing the jury seating in the courtroom and the jury meeting room into compliance was one of the areas we worked on.

Government buildings and service is covered under Title II of the American Disabilities Act.

I have only been called for jury duty once, and that was in Michigan in the late 80's-early 90's for the week of Christmas. You had to call in every night to see if you were to go in for duty. Of course, the courts were closed the 24th and 25th but I had to drive to another town about 45 miles away on the 26th. It had snowed the 25th, but the roads were driveable and it took me no longer than usual to get to the court house.

We were put in a jury room to wait and about 20 minutes before we were supposed to go into the court room, someone came in and said we would be waiting a little longer as they were waiting on other potential jurors to arrive from the Three Oaks/New Buffalo area. I was wondering what the big deal was, as I had made it there no problem from Three Oaks. Thirty minutes later, the same person came in and said they were not going to wait any longer and had dismissed all jurors from Three Oaks/New Buffalo from having to serve due to road conditions. Man did I see red about then. I had made it without any problem... why couldn't they.

Needless to say, out of the approximate 50 potential jurists that they were questioning.. I was like the 35 or 40th person they called and it didn't take but one or 2 questions before I was dismissed. I went down the hall and collected my travel pay (over $50) and headed for the mall.

I don't know how each state decides how to choose potential jurists... but my folks in CO were called many times and it was all done by drivers licenses. I guess maybe if I live in one state long enough, I will eventually be called.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

In Kansas it is done my drivers license.

One thing I wanted to add to my above post.

Every county in every state is mandated by federal law to have a county and city ADA Advisory Board. The purpose of this board is to evaluate program and services and bring them into compliance. Jan 1990 an evaluation plan was to be on file documenting what steps would be taken to bring all government program & services into compliance with ADA.

A part of that plan is the selection and services of the disabled individuals as jury members.

For myself I would require services required for the deaf & hearing impaired. Something which is very expensive, last conference I attended the technology I require cost $2,000.00.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Jury Is In Bummer Knees 12 5,208 06-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  You be the Jury. Bad Boy Bad Boy 9 5,750 08-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Last Post: sparkey